Install Extension

Hello Brave, i have a problem when i try to install browser extension, all of them.
Every time the same message :
"Could not move extension directory into profile. "

My brave version is 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I tried to install Lastpass extension, Dashlane extension or Keepass extensions, same problem, same message.
Please help me, i like very much Brave since the beginning and i don’t want change browser just for that.

Hello @Dgling0s

can you try right click oon brave icon then run as administrator and see if it help

have a nice day :slight_smile:

Already did, but i tried just in case, same behaviour :confused:

ok let me ask one of the brave @fanboynz team to help you

and have a nice day both of you

im using bitwarden it do the same last pass do but its for free, and its working perfect on brave.

@Dgling0s,
Can I see a screenshot of the error you see when you go to install an extension?

Ok, but Lastpass, Dashlane, Keepass are free too…
And my problem it’s not choosing a new password manager, but make it work wich i want

Yes, below the picture

@Dgling0s,
Can you try testing to see if creating a new profile will allow you to install the extension? Simply go to Menu --> Create new profile, then in the new profile window, try downloading/installing the same extension.

Hello,
I tried with a new profil, always same thing.

@Dgling0s,
I’ve reached out to a few devs to help assess your situation. Can you ensure you update your browser to the latest release? It should be v1.14.81 at the time of writing this. Additionally, can you tell me if you’re on Windows 10 or Windows 7?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.