Install Brave (or profile) on an encrypted disk

Hello! I decided to move to Brave after 20+ years Firefox, and tries of Opera. The only black point is that there is so far no way to protect our passwords (by a master pass for example)… I would like to install Brave - or at least its data, including passwords files - on an encrypted disk (TrueDisk for example). In Firefox we can specify where to store the profiles. Can we do so in Brave?

Thank you

Well I reply to myself, so… Seems the developers don’t care. Here’s how to change the default install location: (Win10)

0- Close Brave
1- Go to the current profile location: C:\Users[your-user-name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser
2- Copy the “user Data” directory wherever you want, that will become your new profile location. (I put it on an encrypted disk, in “S:/Brave/”
3- Delete the “User Data” directory from the actual location
4- Open the console in admin mode and type:
cd C:\Users[your-user-name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser [enter]
Then create a simlink:
mklink /d “User Data” S:\Brave\UserData [enter]

That’s all. Now Brave will open with your profile located at S:/Brave

Brave is a nice software but some things really miss, including this installation option, and even more important, a master password. That’s why I saved my profile on an encrypted disk that I unmount when I don’t use Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.