Inspect flashing on and off without prompt

Description of the issue:
The inspect window continuously and randomly pops open and closed, especially with multiple tabs open. Sometimes flashing on/off within a second or two, other times for a second or two before closing again. Sometimes it doesn’t happen at all. It can happen without keyboard or mouse input.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Quite frankly I don’t know:

1. Use Brave
  2. Open multiple tabs (can be any Google, Brave itself)
  3. Note inspect window popping open and closed
    -closing all tabs and restarting the PC and the browser has no effect
    -disabling all addons has no effect

Expected result:
Use browser without interruption.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.26.67 Chromium: 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
These two shots were captured a couple of seconds apart with no input on keyboard or mouse.

@ozpolonski,
Thank you for reaching out to us. That is a very strange issue there. Does it happen frequently enough that you can reliably test it? If so, can you please try creating a new temporary browser profile and browsing normally with it and see if the issue reproduces when using it?

I may need to pull this actually, it seemed to be a keyboard glitch, after it started happening with another program. It was doing it solely with Brave for about a week before this. Strangely, after a short trip with the notebook in a bag and back it has stopped, for now.

I’ll leave this up just for now and monitor it over the next few days. If it returns I’ll do that thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.