Infinity load in random pages ( ⇦ Slow loading or No loading)

No change here with acceleration deactivated (normally i have it enable).

2 Likes

Just to jump in here, turning off hardware acceleration has no impact on the problem and it still persists.

2 Likes

Same exact issues. On both production and beta versions.

How the heck is this still outstanding? The app is BROKEN.

This should be THE top priority right now. Maybe 1/4th of pages load without issue. I have tried all the suggestions above. I’m having to use Edge and I’m wondering if I should bother coming back at this point. Not that I’m that important, lol

1 Like

I went to brave://flags/ disabled “Enable Brave Shields v2” and enabled “Enable Brave Shields v1” and things seem to have improved massively. I will report back once I’ve had more time to confirm

3 Likes

Uuuugh, I thought Shields v1 might do it…seemed like things were good. Until I right-clicked an item and picked “Search with Google”. Right back where it was before with a hang on load.

2 Likes

Can anyone in here experiencing this issue please try creating a fresh test profile and tell me if you get the same results when using the new profile?

3 Likes

I’ve also opened the following issue for this on our Github:

It would be helpful to know what OS and Brave version everyone is using as well

2 Likes

@Mattches , that seems to have worked, MUCH better, loading time are very quick.
Beta Brave v 1.40.83

1 Like

Just tried a new profile (without installing my extensions)
At the moment everything looks fine. Loading speed seems faster.

Maybe we all have an extension in common that causes this problem?

My extensions are:

• 1Password Beta
  • AdGuard
  • AutoplayStopper
  • Google Translate
  • Hover Zoom+
  • MetaMask
  • Phantom
  • Pushbullet
  • Yoroi
  • Pinterest Save Button
2 Likes

@d-j-a,
You’re referring to creating a new profile? If so, it may simply be either:

1. The cache/data in your main profile — can you try clearing as much of it as you’re comfortable doing for all time (Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data) and test to see if this helps resolve the issue?
  2. A particular extension installed in your main profile — if you have any, can you please try disabling them and testing again?
1 Like

Well, it is back. I disabled all extensions and cleared history. Happening again on my profile and the new one.

Can’t figure this one out. I posted a video on Github that shows the issue.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting — I’ve got some devs reviewing the issue. Hope to have more information soon.

Appreciate your patience.

2 Likes

Not sure if it helps or can narrow down the issue in some way, but at the same time the tab loading became a problem, I noticed that any page with Disqus being used for comments would require multiple reloads to make the comment section appear even after the page itself was finished.

Also, of the extensions listed above, I have Hoverzoom and Translate, but when I’ve disabled everything the problem persists.

Thanks for working on this.

1 Like

There is already a Github issue raised about this:

Disable the HW doesn’t solve the issue.
Disable Shields (or even the flags about v2) also doesn’t have impact.
There is no extensions - the issue happens also in completely new installation. Tested in a VM with Stable and Beta versions.
(i’m in Windows, but the issue appears to happend in Linux and macOS too)

This appears to be related with cache somehow. I notice that, opening the Inspect element, and disable the cache in the Settings, to load every page as “fresh”, the issue is gone.

1 Like

They know that. Why do you think on the bottom of the Github you mentioned, it has what you see in the screenshot?

He created a new one and tagged people in on it to get it resolved.

1 Like

I was responding to the users, didn’t check github before to see that mention.

But there is additional info provided that is important to the issue itself.

1 Like

I changed my search engine to Brave Search, which greatly improved the problem.
Does anyone else feel the same way?

Well, with other search engines, I get the bug.

Yes same actually. It’s improved overall but search with google still does it

1 Like

I didn’t see the same impact. Maybe a little bit (but could be placebo).

1 Like

I have the same issue. honestly this is impacting a lot of user. It’s the kind of bug that should be fixed under a week. I had to switch to edge, until this is fixed.

1 Like