Infinity load in random pages ( ⇦ Slow loading or No loading)

That is not a solution, is a workaround… and not a safe one, since the new versions also include important security updates.

6 Likes

Not just a Mac issue. Same problems plus more on Linux Mint 20.3. Reload issue + tabs closing themselves and random links getting loaded without clicking them. It’s bad enough that I simply can’t use it anymore. I’m going to downgrade right now. I can’t believe this isn’t being addressed by the devs yet.

3 Likes

Good point… :slight_smile:
Im in Windows and experience this, so is not something OS related…

2 Likes

I don’t think this problem can be solved by us. I think we should file a bug report or contact the devs

5 Likes

Is done, lets see now: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/23187

I think is really something in the latest builds. Beta version appears to be fine.
Only appears in stable.

3 Likes

No, same problem in beta

Edit:
Just installed Beta 1.40.83. Seems like the problem is solved

Edit 2:
Okay, still issues with some pages. But Google Search results now open more reliable

4 Likes

Thanks for reporting the bug/ok letting me know that it’s reported.

I recently downgraded to the previous version and for the love of God don’t know what’s happening with my browser. The problems persist. I don’t know what’s happening.

3 Likes

Maybe downgrade to a version where the issue is still present?

Try go back a little more. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same I did try also with downloading beta but fresh new installation of beta on windows and same problem on main browser not loading pages only few of them.

2 Likes

I had to go back to 1.38.115 to get a usable version.

3 Likes

I guess, I will wait it out @djprmf

Using Chromium now, will jump back once everything is normal.

3 Likes

Brave support got back to me on twitter. They said it’s been passed to the right team & they’re looking into it. So hopefully there’s a fix relatively soon!

7 Likes

Good to know. Thanks for the update. Thought I was losing my mind. Glad to see I’m not alone.

2 Likes

Same result. I’ve turned off fingerprinting and every other Shield-related setting and I have the same exact problem still. I’ve also been running it since before the problem started occurring.

1 Like

I’m using Linux and getting it, too. I’m also using MX Linux with the same kernel version and same Brave version.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, if you go to brave://settings/system do you have Use hardware acceleration when available turned on or off? Earlier today there was a group of Users who said issue went away when they disabled it. Curious if yours is something different or might be what’s leading to it.

2 Likes

I realized something just now with my pins. They’re not loading at all, as in not even trying. They just sit there looking pretty. I click on them and they load, sometimes. Other times, it’s the regular bug and it just does the spinny without ever loading. Frustrating!

1 Like

I have just Changed title and add tag linux and windows.

1 Like

It’s the weekend. Probably won’t get response for a bit. I’d think @Mattches will pay this a visit and ask some things. But overall since seems to be an issue they are investigating and working to fix, not sure what steps can be taken.

2 Likes

I’m having the “no loading” problem too. Mac Studio, latest macOS & latest Brave.
Seems to affect some websites more frequently than others.

What always fixes it for me is SHIFT+CMD+R (reload without cache) but if you go to the same site a couple minutes later it’s usually back to “no loading” again.

Very annoying bug that really gets into the way of using the browser normally. Please make fixing this a priority.

2 Likes