Incorrect URL displays

I noticed USPS.com web page displaying incorrectly using Brave in comparison to other browsers, for example Windows Edge. Has anyone else experienced this? How do I know other web sites are displaying accurately?

Would need more info, step-by-step to replicate the issue. But the initial loading looks fine?

This is what I get, using Brave.

Gregory Forster

Here’s what I get:

Gregory Forster

Possibly clearing the site settings. clearing data and reset permissions.

Then reload page, if you’re using a VPN also, disconnect this also.

Weird! I reset settings on Brave. Now, Brave seems to work correctly. All of a sudden, now Edge incorrectly displays the USPS site.

Gregory Forster

Thank you. I reset settings in all browsers and they all work great. Interestingly, I attempted to adjust settings, trying to see which one caused the incorrect display, but everything works great now. Thank you.

Gregory Forster

Grrrr… By process of elimination, I discovered the offending setting, er or rather extension. And it was an extension I used all the time. WOT, Web Of Trust, used to evaluate the quality of a URL during a search. WOT messed up the USPS display on both browsers. If I knew that the USPS web site display was the only web site display that WOT messed up, I’d reactivate WOT, because I rarely use the USPS site. However, I’m sure their must be others.

Gregory Forster

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.