Incorrect display of PEKA page

Description of the issue:
Page elements do not display correctly, especially forms, drop down lists.
The site serves local public transport: fees, complaints, information and so on.

Exact URL of the website in question:
But to see the page malfunctioning, you must log in to your account.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
I don’t use Chrome, BUT I also have Opera 68 (Chrome / 81.0.4044.129) installed and it also displays this page incorrectly. So this looks like a chromium engine problem.
I also have Internet Explorer built in Windows 8.1, version 11.0.9600.19678 and the site looks and works 100% correctly.

Brave version (check About Brave):
Wersja 1.8.90 Chromium: 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)

This is how the page should look:

And it looks like this:

After selecting an option from the drop-down list, the entire form for entering all the necessary data is not shown. It also works badly in Opera.

Hi @mobydick_2015,
Can you share with me your Shield settings while on that site?
What version of windows are you on?
Can you also try going into the site settings and showing me the permissions?
e.g. here’s me doing it with community:
In the top left (next to the address bar) click on the lock icon > then go to site settings

Within site settings you can see the permissions:

Here you are:

All settings are default. I also cleaned cookies and turned off the Shield. And as I mentioned in Opera there is the same problem.

And another example of incorrect page display.


Internet Explorer 11:

I have Windows 8.1 64-bit.

I would add that it was not always like that. The site worked correctly on earlier versions of Brave. I do not remember since when is worse. But rather after one of the last updates.

I found a solution! I read about other issues in this forum and one of the Brave employees suggested to the user to review the extensions he has installed.

I did the same. I disabled extensions one by one and checked the effect. One of the installed “I don’t care about cookies” extensions was too aggressive for the displayed pages. After adding the page to exceptions, everything works fine.

I also have this extension installed in Opera, so the problem was identical to Brave. I’m glad everything works because Brave is my favorite browser.

Problem solved, thank you for the help offered.

We’re rolling out Easylist Cookies in brave://adblock will block some cookie messages (not all just yet). You may not need the I don’t care about cookies extension (eventually).

I turned off this extension to see how it will be without it. I will test a little bit. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.