Incompatibility

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

im unable to download and exe file in google drive

drive.google.com

**Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)No

**Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?no

**Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):No

**Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?YES

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Many of us use google drive without issue, what error message occurs, and do other files work?

It will start downloading and then say download failed. I tested it thoroughly and actually ended up down loading chrome to get the file… I even contacted Google support and it’s them that said I need to let the developer know. Only reason why they did that is because I don’t want have edge or chrome. It zips the file and 2 seconds into downloading it fails. Did this about 8 times… I even Uninstalled and reinstalled brave twice.

However what was different is I had an anycast connection connected on the same wifi. Not dire if that could even effect it. I will also get a Dao when getting back from work to rest it on other medium die files.

Thanks
Jason

Try testing in private mode, re-login and download in private window mode. Brave won’t touch or limit any use of google drive, Brave should act the same way as other browsers.

ok great i’ll google how to do that . I really like this browser , have been using it for about 2 Months i guess , and am going to keep on using it , one or two things that could be better but I do like it. like i say i will figure out how to do private window mode you suggest

thanks
jason

Brave menu (on the top right), open in private window mode.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.