Inclusion in computer / web activity cleanup programs like CCcleaner

Description of the issue: I use a web / computer cleanup up tool called CCcleaner daily. It cleans up my web browser activity each time I exit the browser. It includes explorer, chrome, firefox but not Brave.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.**launching CCleaner program

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

**Expected result:**Work with CCleaner to get Brave included in the cleanup actions

**Reproduces how often:**every time

**Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):**windows 10 and whatever version of Brave in use on this date 10-2-19 as that’s when I downloaded it.

Additional Information:

@daduke1954,
I can look into this but I believe you’ll need to add certain Registry entries Brave makes to ccCleaner before it can be included. However, unless you specifically want/need ccCleaner to perform this operation, this feature is actually available in browser:
Menu --> Settings --> History --> Clear browsing data --> [On exit]

I realize something would need to be added to CCleaner. That’s the basis for my inquiry. What and how to do that is the question.
Unless your reference of “browsing data” includes as much as CCleaner does. Then I’d rather rely on what I know. If it does then GREAT! I’ll allow Brave to do it. I just need to know for sure.

Thanks,

Earl…

~WRD000.jpg

image001.jpg

@daduke1954,
As it states in the window, depending on the boxes you check, Brave can/will clear:

• Browsing History
  • Download History
  • Cookies and site data
  • Cached images/files
  • Passwords/Sign-in data
  • Autofill form data
  • Content settings
  • Hosted app data

To be fair, I’m not entirely sure if ccCleaner gets deeper/captures more than that. If you do want to go that route, you can use this method to guide you:
https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

Note that you’ll have to replace FIREFOX with BRAVE and change the profile path listed to the one that contains your Brave user data – ~/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User Data/Default (if you’re using a specific browsing profile or are using a named profile, point it to the directory with that profile name in place of Default).

Hope this helps!

Mission accomplished!

Thanks!

image004.jpg

image001.jpg