In brave, i cannot sign in to youtube while in firefox i can

In brave, i cannot sign in to youtube while in firefox i can.

Youtube says: " There was an issue signing you into YouTube. Troubleshoot "

But i am almost sure that this is a Brave problem (or of my system).

What i Did:

1. I tried to reset cookies by deleting all cookies from brave bar.
  2. I reset all permission, and in addition, i remove blocked content for youtube in permissions.

What more i can do?

Brave Browser 100.1.37.109
Kubuntu with Bullseye 11.

Here another case back to 2020

cheers

Hi @estatistics

This happens when you have “cookies blocked” option enabled in the shield, try changing to “Cross-site Cookies blocked”.

If you have any other extension installed that could be the reason.

Refer : Signing in on Youtube.com takes me to Youtube.com/oops - #2 by Saoiray

Hi

Open the orange icon, on the right side of the url, and disable Brave Shield.

Brave shield was disable. I tried to strictest rules and i tried to the easiest rules either global or site-specific. Nothing worked.

I use Firefox for youtube instead.

Simply it is impossible to sign in ti youtube using brave at that moment…

I’m having no problem signing into YouTube. Can you please try creating a new, temp. profile and test to see if you get the same behavior there?

Thank you.

2 Likes

@Mattches This solved my problem. I sign in succesfully into youtube. So some extension maybe create problems. There is no option to deactivate temporalily all extentions?

@estatistics,
You can go to brave://extensions and disable them all at once, then re-enable them one at a time until you find the offending extension if that is indeed the case.

I’m having the same problem. It started right after the latest update. It worked fine before that.

Hi

The 400_ERROR was solved by disabling Brave shield in the orange icon

I disabled all extensions in the old profile, i closed developer mode… Still cannot sign in to youtube…

The only thing I can think of is that you need to clear your cache/browsing data. I know you said you cleared cookies but that might not be enough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.