Improving Brave Browser's Loading Speed

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

Hello Brave browser team, I wanted to provide some feedback regarding the mobile version of Brave Browser, which I have been using for some time now. First and foremost, I want to commend your team for the excellent work you’ve done in creating a privacy-focused browser that respects user data and security.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open brave browser.
  2. Go to YouTube.
  3. Select Mobile desktop version.

Expected result:

There is one area where I believe there is room for improvement, and that is in the loading speed of the Brave Browser on mobile devices. In particular, I’ve noticed that the desktop version of Safari on my iPad Air 2 device seems to load web pages noticeably faster than Brave including other browsers like opera GX and duckduckgo on my android phone as well. The speed and efficiency of Safari on mobile, which I believe benefits from the direct integration with the iOS and android ecosystem, is impressive and hard to match.

While I understand that Safari has certain advantages due to its native status on iOS and android devices, I believe there may be steps Brave can take to improve its loading sequence and make it even more competitive with Safari, Opera GX, and duckduckgo especially when it comes to minimizing interference from third-party websites.

Brave Version(1.75.2 — iOS version / 1.58.131 — android version):

Mobile Device details

Galaxy A21 (android) IPad Air 2 (iOS)

Additional Information:

Here are a few suggestions that could potentially enhance the loading speed and performance of Brave on mobile:

1. Optimize JavaScript Execution: Fine-tuning the way JavaScript is executed can significantly impact loading times. Brave could explore methods to streamline this process without compromising security.

2. Resource Loading Management: Implementing more efficient resource loading and prioritization techniques can help reduce interference from third-party websites and speed up page rendering.

3. Prefetching and Caching: Consider implementing intelligent prefetching and caching mechanisms to load commonly visited websites more quickly.

4. Parallel Processing: Explore ways to utilize parallel processing for rendering tasks, which can further enhance loading speed.

5. Continual Optimization: Regularly review and optimize the Brave Browser’s performance through updates to ensure it remains competitive.

I understand that achieving the speed and efficiency of Safari and other browsers on iOS and android may be a challenging task, but I believe Brave’s commitment to user privacy and security can be extended to include a focus on speed and performance. By continuously improving in this area, Brave can become the go-to choice for users who value both privacy and speed in their mobile browsing experience.

Thank you for your dedication to creating a better internet browsing experience, and I look forward to seeing how Brave Browser evolves in the future.