Impossible to reactivate bottom download bar

I can understand how frustrating this can be especially while download bar at bottom was very useful.

Avoid thinking its impossible to have this feature back on windows 11 or windows 10 which you might be using…

Because you can.

Here are the Baby Steps

1. At First, Bookmark all of your opened tabs and start Exporting Bookmarks, passwords and Screenshot your Extensions list and uninstall the Brave browser.
    Note: Dont uninstall the latest version of brave which you currently have in your pc via control panel, use iobit uninstaller to uninstall brave.
  2. Turn off Your Internet Wi-Fi Connection
  3. Run the Setup file which are linked below… These are setup files of offline installers which will help you to get brave browser installed on PC even when you are offline.

64-bit

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.59.117/BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup.exe

32-bit

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases/download/v1.59.117/BraveBrowserStandaloneSilentSetup32.exe

you need to turn off Wi-Fi before you run the setup file just to make sure brave is not attempting to auto update to the latest version…

1. After you got the browser installed, and before you turn on Wi-Fi, Go to task scheduler and disable the brave related setup

Also go to services.msc and disable both brave update service

Usually if you use offline installers, brave browser wont be launched automatically upon installation, rather requires you to manually launch the application via desktop icon for the first time use after installation… Make sure that you launch the app after you have followed the previous steps.

Should you do this ?

personally i think its upto you… But as a friendly advise after seeing your post tone which seems you are very upset… i would say you can do this as older version of brave will still work… im on chromium 109 and every aspect of the browser is working flawlessly except for yt

Also, brave wallet/rewards might not work as intended as time progress by but that’s a whole different story as i have no interest in crypto…

Here’s what i think… Living with something older is much more better than living with something which you dont like… if you dont like the new decision made by brave to mindlessly follow chromium changes…Follow what i said above and it will work for you… As someone who downloads a lot, this feature is very important for me… im on win 8.1 so the issue isnt bothering me that much but i know how bad it would feel for people who are stuck on newer windows versions.