Import bookmarks

Hi,

I work with Brave beta as my default browser. Now I was discovering Brave Dev and would like to import my bookmarks from Beta. But that was not possible. Only from the Brave production version. It should be fine that it is possible to import from whatever Brave version to another.

Best regards,
Herman

Actually you can just go to the Bookmark Manager in Brave Beta, press Ctrl + A and drag and drop them into Brave Dev

And in the worst-case you could copy the file called “Bookmarks” from

%LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Beta\User Data\Default\

into

%LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser-Dev\User Data\Default\

Ok thanks Marcel,

nevertheless it should be fine for less nerdy people to implement a standard solution for this in the settings. Like import from Chrome etc.

@Herman_N I actually don’t even understand what your problem is, it works fine for me to use the Export button in Brave Beta and the Import button in Brave Dev.

Ok Marcel,

let me explain more clearly. It is not my problem currently. But I try to think like my 60 years old aunt who will use Brave possibly. Ok, maybe she doesn’t use beta of dev, but there are people who will do that.
Now I see the following:image

It should be fine to add the options to import from beta and dev in this default import bookmarks menu. I know it’s not a big issue, but can be helpfull in the future.

Oh, now I understand what you mean!

Hi @Herman_N @Marcel,

Yes, currently Beta and Dev not listed under import drop-down. An issue logged for that here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/1357

:slightly_smiling_face:

Can I import settings, cookies and so forth from Brave Beta to Brave official?

Clear! Thanks @Marcel and @eljuno for answerring this question.