Images not loading in Brave search engine results

Starting today, February 22, 2022 the Brave browser search engine does not show ANY images in any of the search results. ( All || Images || News || Video )
Anywhere there is supposed to be an image, there is a grey box placeholder instead.

Steps taken:
I’ve tried a various number of simple search terms (dogs, cats, people, cars…).
I’ve tried refreshing my screen.
I’ve cleared by browsing data (history, cookies and other site data, and cached images and files).
I’ve closed the app.
I’ve restarted my computer.
Every time I get the same result: no images.

I have tried searching the same terms using both DuckDuckGo and Google’s search engines within the Brave browser, and the results display images as expected.

Brave Version:
Version 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Computer and OS:
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know nothing about macOS, just curious to know if you are still experiencing the problem? You didn’t say anything about toggling Brave Shield settings. Is that applicable to mac systems? Maybe a mac user or a moderator will jump in with some helpful information.

1 Like

Thanks, yeah — I did mess with the shields after I posted that but nothing changed the outcome. Incidentally, I am NOT experiencing this on my laptop. Just my desktop machine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.