iMac Brave Crash Update

An update to my previous post on multiple crashes on Mac.
I was really hoping I would be able to continue using Brave after removing the Sync feature and after doing so it did become more stable. For two days.
I went as far as removing Brave from one Mac and trying it on another but the same crash/flash issues.
I reinstalled and removed it from our second Mac, reinstalled and still crashing.
I really like this browser, it’s light and although I don’t care for the Chrome connection when running my ISP speeds were significantly faster using Brave over, FF, Safari and Chrome. Hoping a new build is coming that addresses Mac issues. Of those that I recommended Brave to that are Mac users they are encountering these issues as well.

@Ot51,
So you’re saying that after removing your mac devices from the Sync chain, you were still experiencing crashes in the same way? Was this during any particular operation or was it seemingly random?

Hello Mattches. Yes that is correct. I actually uninstalled Brave completely as well as FF, Safari, and Chrome on both of our desktops.

Installed Brave only, disabled Sync. Things were solid but then they just got buggy. Flicker, crash.

At most I would have had thre tabs open, G-mail, News and various. Nothing stood out.

My son living 5 miles away on a different ISP is also having these issues on Windows.

It was at his recommendation that I try Brave as he was using it with no problems until the update.

I am back on Safari even at its slow pace but it provides the fastest download than FF or Chrome.

I hope you are able to identify the issue as I see on the site many are having similar issues and the product is great.

I most certainly will go back to brave once I see things are improving.

SCM

1 Like

@Ot51,
Would you be willing to send us your crash reports? You can do this automatically in settings or manually in brave://crashes. Once sent, you can return here and reply with the Crash IDs and I’ll have the devs take a look and see what may be going on under the hood.

Just in case, I would also try and see if disabling Hardware Acceleration helps with the crashing at all.

Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

Sure,

I have no problem with that but I am in the midst of some personal things that require me quite a few hours on the net right now.

Has to do with a heart monitor I have been placed on and I can’t afford any downtime or interruptions and I prefer to not jump back and forth between browsers.

It will be a day or so and I will re-install and give it a go for you.

As an FYI, I did try disabling Hardware Acceleration per the community recommendation and it did not make any discernible difference that I could see or document for you.

1 Like

I saw this browser on Facebook and decided to download it and give it a try I’m on Windows 10 version 1809 I was using Google Chrome but got rather fed up of it taking ages to load… this browser loads quicker and works great and is easy to set up and use! I like the idea of the Lion Icon by the way, it hasn’t crashed as yet but I will monitor it.

As I said I would, today I re-installed Brave on my Mac (El Capitan 10.11.6), disabled sync and hardware acceleration.

The attached image is Brave after moving an e-mail (gmail) to a folder.

It simply Quit.

Sorry Guys. Personal Bookmarks redacted. At this time it is to buggy for me. I am on a heart monitor and Skype w/ my Dr daily and cant afford to have these consistent crashes. I wish I had better news for you.

@Ot51,
Last question I have at this time – what is that extension you have installed there?

Lastpass Pasword Manager.

This is the e-mail response I received from Brave after answering Brave’s question "what is that extension you have installed there?

We’re sorry, but your email message to [“[email protected]”] (titled Re: [Brave Community] [Feedback/Browser Feedback] iMac Brave Crash Update) didn’t work.

To promote more in depth conversations, very short replies are not allowed. Can you please reply with at least 20 characters? Alternatively, you can like a post via email by replying with “+1”.

I have tried to be of help to brave by providing feedback and going out of my way to traverse around the issues I am encountering.

Your comment states my reply should be at least 20 characters.

It is not my intention to be rude but with the problems I have had, the installations, un-installs, re-installs, preference changes at your request I do find it irritating to receive this type of response when in fact the character count is - 22

I wish you all the best and hope you get your evr mounting problems and customer/user complaints under control.