I'm having issue logging in to netflix

thanks for that

another thing get in my mind

go to brave://settings/passwords and if netflix it saved there remove it then try again

1 Like

@Teizze,
Can you try logging in using a Private browsing window and see if you get the same results?

1 Like

@justsomeone1 @Mattches

so good news and a bad news, i managed to log on to netflix on brave nightly Version 1.18.8
but when i tried on private, it didn’t work and the same for the main brave browser Version 1.15.76, i tried both private and the normal one and didn’t work as well.

1 Like

congratulations and well done to figure it out despite it very weird that it complain about wrong password while it was not

1 Like

thank you but its just temporary for now because if i clear my cache then it may happen all over again and it still didn’t work on the current brave version even on private window so i don’t know yet

2 Likes

@Teizze,
Seems really strange for that to be the case.
This isnt happening with any other website you log into?

1 Like

I just checked in Brave/Netflix, Netflix worked in standard windowed, and private mode. Also using a password manager may also help.

1. Copy your Netflix email address and password into notepad.
  2. Open Netflix.com a new private window tab
  3. Check no typos in the email address also.
  4. Copy the email and password from notepad.
  5. Paste into Netflix

Happy to zoom/video chat to help out/test logins if you’re free @Teizze

1 Like

So I’ve actually ran into the issue on my Win 10 x64 machine running 1.16.68 CR: 86.0.4240.111. Created https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/12323 so we can follow the issue on our end.

Are most folks who are running into the above on Windows? I can’t seem to reproduce this at all via macOS but happens pretty often on my Win 10 x64 machine. @ Teizze are you on macOS?

1 Like

I’m also having this issue, recently moved to Brave and I’m running it on Mac OS
Brave Version 1.15.76.

I’ve just tested logging in to netflix with Brave shields down and it works fine now, sounds like a shields issue.

1 Like

Same issue here…I was pulling my hair out a couple of nights ago because Netflix kept insisting my password is wrong (on my mac). My fiance suggested it was a problem with Brave, which I thought was impossible, but with Firefox I was able to log in immediately.

I turned off the Shields with no success; the only fix was to use another browser.

1 Like

@uselesslemma,
Can you try clearing cache/site data for Netflix and then try to authenticate again? Simply visit netflix.com, click the Lock icon in the address bar, then Site settings --> Clear data. You may also want to Reset permissions.

1 Like

hey, yes i’m on mac os. yesterday i cleared my cache and had the problem so i cleared my cache again, closed everything and restarted my mac then i tried to login and it magically works on nightly, i didn’t test on current brave version.

1 Like

No, i don’t have this issue on other websites like, facebook, instagram even on this forum.

1 Like

hey @fanboynz i’d like to help but i’m not sure when i’ll be free for upcoming days, i’ll dm you whenever i can. thank you.

2 Likes

Exact same issue here, tried everything listed to resolve, but no change.

Can log in fine with edge but not with brave.

This is only a recent thing.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, when logging into netflix I’m told my password is incorrect. Same creds work in (chrome, firefox, safari)

Installing (Version 1.18.25 Chromium: 87.0.4280.40 (Official Build) nightly (x86_64)) syncing all extensions from Brave official release to nightly release and then trying to login to netflix works without issue.

Brave: Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (x86_64)
MacOS: Version 10.15.7 (macOS Catalina)

same issue here only netflix having issues.

From another topic…

Note after I was able to log in, I could reset blocking fingerprinting with standard and still log in after… even after clearing site settings…

This fixed itself without me doing anything, now everything is fine all of a sudden

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.