I'm having issue logging in to netflix

i was trying to log in to netflix since yesterday when i cleared my cache, i tried to log in, it says “incorrect password” so i changed the password but it keeps saying “incorrect password” so i tried to log in on safari and it worked. i believe there is a issue with brave.

**Brave Version: Version 1.18.5 Chromium (Brave Nightly)

also i tried it on the the current brave browser: Version 1.15.76 Chromium

1 Like

Hello @Teizze

could you disable all extention and try again in private mode also check if turn of shield make a differance

hope that help and have a nice day

1 Like

hey @justsomeone1

i just did what you asked me to do and yes it keeps telling me that the password is “incorrect” and i have to use safari to use netflix, i hope any developer could see this thread.

1 Like

does the password issue happen with other sites that require login like email or any other service

does turn the shield on or off make differeance

could i ask you some silly favor could you write the password let in text file then copy it from that file then use it to login in netflix in both safari and brave just to make sure there was not mistake or issue with some key on your keyboard that play you

could you create new profile just to test if it fine or not
go to menu then create a new profile

1 Like

@Teizze,
Can you try clearing your cache/site data for Netflix, then refreshing the page and trying again?

1 Like

it happens only on netflix, other websites facebook and instagram are working, yeah i tried to copy from my phone and paste it on safari, it worked then i did the same on brave, no password incorrect.

1 Like

could you try what mattches said and if it did not work could you check the other things i sugested

1 Like

i just cleared my cache (all time) and no it keeps saying that the password is incorrect, the problem started when i cleared my cache but i kept the saved passwords.

i just did and same result

1 Like

could you close brave after clear your cache then make sure no running process then open it and try again and if not work check the following

if you are comfortable with command line then close brave and make sure there no other running process then
check this command to start brave as a new one (temprary new profile )

manytime it fix bugs in old profile also

hope that help and have a nice day

1 Like

i’m not comfortable with command line and i just cleared my cache again and closed brave, same thing happens

1 Like

that really weird let us wait and see if @Mattches has any other idea other than the command line and have a nice day

1 Like

@Mattches @justsomeone1

i tried to grab some screen record and sorry i tried to blur the email.

1 Like

thanks for that

another thing get in my mind

go to brave://settings/passwords and if netflix it saved there remove it then try again

1 Like

@Teizze,
Can you try logging in using a Private browsing window and see if you get the same results?

1 Like

@justsomeone1 @Mattches

so good news and a bad news, i managed to log on to netflix on brave nightly Version 1.18.8
but when i tried on private, it didn’t work and the same for the main brave browser Version 1.15.76, i tried both private and the normal one and didn’t work as well.

1 Like

congratulations and well done to figure it out despite it very weird that it complain about wrong password while it was not

1 Like

thank you but its just temporary for now because if i clear my cache then it may happen all over again and it still didn’t work on the current brave version even on private window so i don’t know yet

2 Likes

@Teizze,
Seems really strange for that to be the case.
This isnt happening with any other website you log into?

1 Like

I just checked in Brave/Netflix, Netflix worked in standard windowed, and private mode. Also using a password manager may also help.

1. Copy your Netflix email address and password into notepad.
  2. Open Netflix.com a new private window tab
  3. Check no typos in the email address also.
  4. Copy the email and password from notepad.
  5. Paste into Netflix

Happy to zoom/video chat to help out/test logins if you’re free @Teizze

1 Like