If I use Google Chrome as my SEARCH ENGINE, what will be different than using Chrome as my BROWSER

Hello, so I saw a similar question posted about this topic but I couldn’t get a clear answer

I swapped to Brave to get more privacy and so that I wouldn’t get target ads and for a better, overall experience. If I were to use Google Chome as my SEARCH ENGINE, how similar would it be to using Google Chrome as my BROWSER. Let me clarify, If I were to use Google Chome as my SEARCH ENGINE on BRAVE, what will be similar and what would be different. For example, will there still be tracking cookies, will there still be targeted ads, etc. What will be the same and what would be different if I were to use Google Chome as my SEARCH ENGINE on the Brave Brower.

1 Like

Google Chrome is a web browser, not a search engine.

If you were using Google as your search engine in Brave, Google would still track you up to a point. Brave does limit Google’s tracking up to a point by blocking third-party cookies, ads, and certain scripts, but Brave can’t limit Google’s tracking completely.

If content blockers (such as uBlock Origin, Brave Shields, etc) could stop Google’s tracking completely, everyone would simply use a content blocker and use Google as their default search engine because of most accurate search results.

4 Likes

Thank You for your help

2 Likes