Icons fading and green marks in Folder icons

A couple days ago when I got online, I noticed my icons for faves and folders were having issues. Some were faded out, but came back to full color when I ran my cursor over them, but faded out again in a few seconds, and folders had green marks in them, but marks changed back to normal when cursor was ran over them, but then turned to white marks when moving cursor away. Another icon turns a pale green or white Not sure if it is a bug, or a virus. Anyone have an idea?

Hello @Metroid

Thank you for reaching us and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Additionally, please try In Private mode or Guest Window to see if the issue persist, if that works please try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menuOpen Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click MenuMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Let us know if that works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.