Icons disappearing from extension bar

So frustrated…
I have the google translate extension. Recently it disappeared from the extensions bar.
I tried removing the extension and re-installing it.
It appears on the extensions bar for a second or two when you install it, and then disappears again…

This is sooooo frustrating…
I use it to translate a web page, but if it’s not there in the extensions bar I can’t use it!

Turning it off & on again in the extensions manager has no effect.
I’m sure there used to be a drop down that allowed you to turn on/off icon visibility in the extensions bar, that was separate to the extensions manager. But I can’t find that anywhere now…

H E L P !

Can no one help with this question?

Hello @TuftyDave

could you tell me which is your brave version and what your linux distro you use and it’s version and how did you install brave

Hi :slight_smile:
Brave Version:
[Version 1.36.109 Chromium: 99.0.4844.51 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

linux distro:
OS Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Cinnamon Version 3.6.7

how did i install brave?:
I followed the instructions from the Brave website…

Hi @TuftyDave

just to make sure you mean you install it using the command line in this link

right? if yes then

do you have any other extension ? if yes could you disable all of them and try to use only the translator and see if it work fine or not

if that did not help could you create new browser profile and try to install only that extension and see if the new profile work fine or not

to create new profile go to menu then choose create new profile

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

just to make sure you mean you install it using the command line in this link…
It’s a long time ago, I really can’t remember. Whatever it told me to do I did and it all worked fine.
The translator extension also worked fine as do all my others for a long time too…
It’s only recently that I notice the translator icon has gone. Others are still there.

do you have any other extension ? if yes could you disable all of them and try to use only the translator and see if it work fine or not

AHHHHH I CURED IT!!!
There’s a tiny icon in the extensions bar that look like a jigsaw piece…
This is the thing I’ve been looking for but not managed to find until a few seconds ago.
When you click it, it shows you your extensions and allows you to pin or unpin them.
The translator was unpinned. All it needed was pinning…!

Thank you so much for steering me in the right direction…
Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

you very welcome and glad to know that you figured it out and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like