I would like to choose my own profile icon

Hi Guys,

I use lots of profiles every day and I need to be able to switch between them quickly. I use the profile picture to identify the profile I want so it would make Brave usable for me if I could choose my own. As it stands, I will be sticking to Chrome or the new Edge which both allow me to choose my own icon. Other than that, Brave works great and I want to support it.

All the best

Bubble

5 Likes

Hi @Bubble, Welcome to Community!
If you go to brave://settings/manageProfile you can change the profile name and icon. Unfortunately at the moment you can not add custom photos - it is a good feature requests.

2 Likes

+1 on that. Just switched to Brave on desktop. I tried using two different icons but all the options are too similar to easily keep straight.

I, too, will be headed back to Chrome for this reason.

Is there any hack similar to the one there used to be to edit the profile data on the drive? As in Is it possible to have a custom photo in the profile icon in the top right of Brave? ?

6 Likes

This feature request is a “no-brainer” in this age of browser competition. :+1: :+1:

This request has been made previously here

8 Likes

+1

Current icon set is too similar and abstract. I’d prefer a more varied set or to be able to upload my own custom icons

7 Likes

Dear team brave

Is there a way I can chip in $$ to help support this feature?

I would so love to drop Chrome. I tried brave, but had to go back. To manage my workflow between projects, user profile is very important:

1. Profile icon needs to be ‘pinned’ or ‘pin-able’ to the menu bar
  2. Profile icon is preferably something I pick

As a note, this issue keeps coming up:

Thanks much!

3 Likes

I’m really hoping Brave steps up and makes this possible too, but seeing as no Chromium-based browser has this feature (“custom icons” in Chrome are really account avatars that appear only when logged into your Google account), after all this time I can only assume it’s harder than it seems.

I too switch between 3 profiles. These icons are just too generic for a usable workflow. I would love to use Brave completely. It seems silly the only reason I can’t commit 100% is an avatar, but once you spend years crafting your workflow, it’s hard to give it up.

3 Likes

I am using a dozen profiles, and AVATARS as they are are useless.

I use numbers for a quick identification in the list.

And I have to use very distinctive color themes between profiles for quick identification

We just need the option for upload custom avatars! please. Thank you team!

4 Likes

thank you for the screenshots @lentx ! it looks like the profile icons are at least now pinned app bar. although custom icons would be preferable, now that the icons are pinned I think I am able to get by for now!

just noting several more questions posted on this same topic:

1 Like

That’s what I do too — use themes to make it clear which user I’m in.

But custom avatars would still be best for the list.

OR AT THE VERY LEAST ALPHA-NUMERIC AVATARS. The abstract ones are pretty useless.

Until customizations is possible, why not A-Z and 0-9 avatars in various, and punctuation avatars while we’re at it? In fact, I doubt I’d even care about customization if I could choose from letters, numbers, and punctuation avatars.

1 Like

is there some kind of legitimate reason anyone can think of why this has been an issue for literally years? one of the most simple and basic features that many people ask for, STILL isnt implemented?

I mean… even this community site has upload and gravatar options… sigh

1 Like

Hey! at least alpha numeric profile works, they are sorted alphabetically.
You will have to rename each profile in settings.

1 Like

I think developers would grab this request if have more votes. 500 people claiming…let’s say.

2 Likes

despite how many people say they like it and post in these threads, votes are only 2… 3, since I voted too. People might be missing the vote button, I didn’t understand it was there at first.

1 Like

That’s a really nice feature request!

+1

I would also very much appreciate this feature.

+1

i would like it, please add it, will be nice

1 Like

+1

This feature would be great

1 Like

+1 for this, please remember to vote

1 Like