I wonder that when I switch from "Block 3rd party cookies" to "Allow all cookies" while using Facebook, is it harm to my privacy while using Facebook or not? Because if I do that I can watch videos on Facebook

Before you post!

1. It is important that you have the right expectations for free technical support for free open source software.

For an average business day you should expect about 24 hours before your first response. For the weekend (any post after 3PM PST Friday to 11AM PST Monday) expect about 48 hours before your first response.

We totally love you, but we also have loved ones, pets, and stuffed animals we like to spend time with when we’re not making free software.

2. Did you check out our Common Issues? https://community.brave.com/c/common-issues

Clicking on that Lion in the upper-right corner and fiddling with settings is going to solve like 99% of your problems.

3. Keep It Tidy

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

4. On the Internet nobody knows if you are being funny/sarcastic/rude.

Smileys go a long way, but it’s better if you stick to the facts and say ‘please’ and ‘thank you’. Don’t swear in text, it’s a waste of everyone’s energy.

Any kind of harassment/impersonation/spam will not be tolerated. Once acknowledged. your account will be banned.

5. Help us help you. This is how we expect you to write a post:

• A. Make a meaningful title. “Clicking on the Done button 3 times crashes Brave” is much better than “Brave suddenly crashed”.
  • B. A screenshot or recording of the issue (Licecap is totally free to use http://www.cockos.com/licecap/)
  • C. A listing of:
    • i. Your Operating System and version (Mac 10.11.x, Windows 7/8/10, Linux distribution, iOS 9/10, Android)
    • ii. Your Brave Version. (Desktop users please copy info from about:brave using the clipboard if possible)
  • D. Detailed step-by-step instructions of how you came across the issue.
    Example:
    • i. I downloaded and installed Brave.
    • ii. I created a bookmark and clicked the ‘Done’ button three times.
    • iii. Brave suddenly quit and my bookmark was not created.
  • E. Count to 20 and re-read your post. Could someone take offense at your post? Could you say something a bit more clearly?

6. If you do not follow the guidelines above, expect to have your post edited or deleted.

We’re not trying to be rude, we just don’t want to waste energy when we could be releasing new features and bug fixes.

7. Thanks for slowing down to read this. Use the template in step 5 and you can delete the rest.

I wonder that when I switch from “Block 3rd party cookies” to “Allow all cookies” while using Facebook, is it harm to my privacy while using Facebook or not? Because if I do that I can watch videos on Facebook

Edit: In case you mean “allow all cookies” only as long as you watch facebook videos, delete all the cookies afterwards and switch back to “Block 3rd party cookies” as soon as you finished watching videos, I’d say, maybe a tiny little bit, not much.

Otherwise, if you switch to “Allow all cookies” and leave it like this - short answer: Of course it is!
Long answer:
About every site you visit will send you a unique cookie so they can recognize you (to some extend) when you come back as “the guy/girl who got this cookie that exists only one time”. But that’s relatively harmless, sometimes you’ll even want to be recognized when you come back. And this is not prevented by "Block 3rd party cookies” anyway.

The next step are advertisers and - things like facebook. To put it simply, they put iframes and links to images on totally foreign sites, e.g. www.brave.com, this site has a facebook button on it. When you visit www.brave.com, the facebook servers are contacted and asked to send the image of said button to your browser. While doing that, the facebook server asks your browser to send all cookies you got from any server of the facebook and gives you a new one. Note that you are NOT visiting facebook, you are still on www.brave.com, facebook is the “3rd party” on www.brave.com. So due to exchanging cookies, the facebook server recognizes you as the guy with that unique cookie, if you ever logged in into facebook, they can connect this cookie with your name and now they know that the guy named “Nguyen Baoidol” (<- if that’s your Name ;-)) has visited www.brave.com at June 13 at 1:35pm – that is, facebook can track you all over the internet: Every time you visit any site with a facebook button, facebook learns when you visited that specific site.

By blocking 3rd party cookies, they can’t recognize you that easily on any other site except their own ones. (This is the simplified version, without being able to send you cookies and read them back they loose the connection to your name only if you don’t login into facebook that day, otherwise they can track you via your IP number.)

It’s similar with all the big names, like Google (the majority of all sites uses scripts from Google), Amazon (tracks you via their commercials) and whatnot.

So yeah, it is, absolutely. (The only “alternative” you have is clearing your browsing data very often, by going to “about:preferences#security” and clicking “Clear browsing Data Now …” often.

Edit: Sorry for not keeping it tidy. It’s an answer, I needed to explain a few things.