I want to stop some Brave Tasks but can't

Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10 / r 180914

I don’t do crypto of any kind and never will, so why
can’t I stop/kill forever these tasks that waste my memory, in Brave task man;

Extension: Crypto Wallets 68,567K

Utility: Bat Ads Service 6,897K

Utility: Bat Ledger Service 6,237K

If I/you can’t stop these ‘services’ soon I will be moving on from Brave :frowning:

1 Like

+1 @AshLee

Dear Brave Team.

Please fix this issue with “service tasks”! When something is not used, why should it stay active?! Or at least, give us an Lite version of Brave, it would be welcomed and appreciated by many. :cowboy_hat_face:

Brave Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

@AshLee,
If you go to Menu --> Settings --> Extensions, you can disable the Crypto wallet extension:

Been there, did that when I first noticed this issue. (set to ‘none’) and no change, Crypto Wallets persists. It first appeared after update to 1.5.123 / …163

Looks like selecting ‘Ask’ or ‘none’ or ‘Crypto Wallets’ has no effect on this behavior. Crypto Wallets is always running, same as the Bat Ads /Bat Ledger, they can’t be stopped as well.

Brave Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edit
Just wanted to add that like Bat Ads Service and Bat Ledger Service
the only control I as an end user have over these three unwanted “Services”
is to use a 3rd party program such as Process Explorer to suspend them.

This far from optimal since on each Brave restart you must look for the new process IDs and suspend them all over again :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.