I want to de link brave from a deactivated uphold account

In the past couple of days, I have been trying to verify my brave wallet but was unable to do it. I have been in touch with UPHOLD customer support team and they have informed me that the problem is that my brave browser is currently linked to a deactivated uphold account. I want to de-link it from that account so that I can relink it with my new activated uphold account. How can I do it?

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

1 Like

You can:

• Disconnect your Uphold account via BAT triangle icon at URL bar or brave:rewards
  • Go to uphold.com then logout
  • Re-login with the correct account
  • Try to connecting again. It should automatically detect your logged in account – which is the correct one.

Thanks

When I click on BAT triangle icon or at brave:rewards I do not see any option to disconnect uphold account. It only shows me to verify

Then, skip the disconnecting part @elisabet . :point_up:

Ok here is what I did and what happened:

1- I logged in with correct uphold account.
2- I presses the triangle and tried to verify the wallet
3- I pressed the popup verify botton
Result: It loaded the uphold website and nothing happened meaning the verify wallet in brave is still intact. (From this position I contacted uphold customer support and after so many steps taken they informed me that the reason this is happening is because the wrong uphold account is linked with brave! Therefore I came here to ask.)

Below is the email I received from uphold customer support:

Thank you for providing us with this piece of information, we really appreciate it. We’re always willing to help and exhaust every troubleshooting step on the way but since your Brave account is linked to a deactivated account it needs to be released from Brave first, once it has been removed, you can go ahead and connect it to your Uphold account normally. You can get in contact with Brave directly at support@brave.com. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

As I posted here and I could not find any solution for my problem is there anywhere else that I can contact to find a solution?

Thanks for the confirmation @elisabet . We’ve an issue logged for this. I added your +1 on your behalf.

Apologies for the inconveniences.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.