The new Brave Wallet destroys the complete performance of the browser.
I have been using the Brave browser for two years with great satisfaction.
Until recently I used the old Brave Wallet (legacy version) on my desktop.
A very plain and easy wallet. Everything worked well.
Then recently, after I had signing problems, I’ve setted up the new version of the wallet. But couldn’t use it after importing the seedphrase because I created a different password that I didn’t write down.
So I continued to use the legacy wallet for the time being.
But now there was an update and I was finally able to get the new wallet ready to go again and the import of the phrase worked without the password that I no longer had.
Now the problems are really starting:
- Since I’ve been using the new wallet, my browser has been extremely slow.
- The signing requests take a very long time to be recognized by the wallet.
- The balances takes forever to load.
- When I close the browser, 10 windows tasks from Brave start in the background until the browser finally closes. Until then I can’t open it again.
- If I call up the wallet and then decide to cancel it because it takes too long, my wallet request continues in the background and I can no longer use the browser.
- It laags and freezes.
- If I open any website that has Web3 services, I can’t leave the site until the Brave Wallet answered this approaches in the background.
So today I decided to reinstall the browser!
I used the option to export my wallet and instead of my Seephrase that has different words, I got a 62 digit code.
That’s strange I thought, but ok.
Now, as I have installed the Brave browser completely new, I want to recover my wallet. And there is only one way to do this:
The Seedphrase! BUT the 62 digit code after exporting is it not!!!
What a bad experience with this new wallet, I would love to have my legacy version back.
All this colorful and fancy stuff is worth nothing if it’s slow and not working!!