Description of the issue: I used to be able to log into Youtube with cross-site cookies off, now i don’t, and i need to allow all cookies on Youtube to be able to sign in. Didn’t have such issues not so long ago.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Go to Youtube
- Turn Brave Shield On with the following settings:
- Agressively block trackers and ads
- Upgrade connection to HTTPS
- Allow script
- Agressively block fingerprinting
- Block cross-site cookies
- Try Login In. After filling your credentials, youtube will redirect you to the “Oops” page. Going back to Youtube’s home page, you should still be disconnected, and trying to log in again should directly redirect to the “Oops” page. Clearing cache data and cookies, as well as closing and flushing sockets host cache within net-internals won’t solve the issue on my side
- (To make it work) Edit your Shield Youtube settings to Allow all cookie and refresh Youtube’s home page. You should now be connected. Blocking cross-site cookies back will again show you the homepage as not connected.
Expected result: I used to be able to log into Youtube just fine with the settings i mentioned by blocking cross-site cookies alone. I’d expect that.
Brave Version( check
About Brave): [
Version 1.42.97 Chromium: 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)