I use brave on 2 computers, can I collect the rewards to the same uphold account?

I use brave on both my personal computer and my work computer.
Both of them are linked to the same uphold account, but every now and then one of them disconnects and I don’t accrue rewards anymore.

Am I doing it right? Is one allowed to accrue BAT on the same uphold account from different computers?

Is there any particular action I should do differently in this case?

Yes, probably. You can link multiple different browsers to the same Uphold/Gemini account.

This is intentional and has been for a while. Typically within about 90-120 days or so, you’ll be disconnected on the browser side. You can think of this as them doing a “are you still active” check, while also kind of confirming you’re not just using a bot to accumulate on one device. So every once in a while you’ll get disconnected and need to connect again.

That said, this doesn’t disconnect it from Brave’s side. It’s just on a browser/client level.

1 Like

This is intentional and has been for a while. Typically within about 90-120 days or so, you’ll be disconnected on the browser side. You can think of this as them doing a “are you still active” check, while also kind of confirming you’re not just using a bot to accumulate on one device. So every once in a while you’ll get disconnected and need to connect again.

That said, this doesn’t disconnect it from Brave’s side. It’s just on a browser/client level.

Ok, now I understand.

Then this brings me to the next question: Why when I try to reconnect my account it ALWAYS flags it?

It’s clearly me, over and over again, it’s still me. Is there something I can do to let it remember it’s always me rather than being flagged every time?

There you go, just did it right now:

You can try and submit a ticket to see if they can reverse the flag. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
However, my assumption is they might not reverse it. This has happened to me twice now and they say they will not reinstate the flag. My assumption is the abuse of new tab page ads or accidentally opening two browsers too closely before having a cool down time from the other. (if you have two or more browsers connected to the same custodial wallet such as Gemini/uphold.) They won’t tell you the reasons for violating , this is just my educated guesses as to why it might be happening.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.