I stopped receiving Brave Ads

Description of the issue:

I stopped receiving Brave Ads. I don’t know the exact date when this happened. It may range from a few days ago to a few weeks ago, because I didn’t really notice it. Quite a lot of things happened during this period, but I don’t know which of them has something to do with the error, so let me address them one by one.

I accidentally clicked the BraveBrowserSetup.exe file in my Downloads folder, which lead to the installation of older-version Brave. I tried to correct it today by uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version of Brave I just downloaded it today. Everything on Brave seems unchanged after the re-installation. But the problem still persists.

Also, I disconnected my Uphold account from the Brave wallet last week. I don’t know if this affects any setting of Brave and lead to the problem receiving ads.

Furthermore, I installed some extensions during this period. They include Presearch, Metamask, and Swash, although Swash is removed almost instantly after the installation.
The screenshot that includes all of the installed extension is as follows

brave://version/ says

Brave 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 8f0c18b4dca9b6699eb629be0f51810c24fb6428-refs/branch-heads/4103@{#716}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 1903 (Build 18362.959)
JavaScript V8 8.3.110.13
Flash 32.0.0.403 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_403.dll
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/83.0.4103.116 Safari/537.36
Command Line “C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --enable-dom-distiller --disable-domain-reliability --no-pings --extension-content-verification=enforce_strict --extensions-install-verification=enforce --sync-url=https://no-thanks.invalid --enable-features=AutoupgradeMixedContent,PassiveMixedContentWarning,WebUIDarkMode,PasswordImport,MixedContentSiteSetting,DnsOverHttps --disable-features=LookalikeUrlNavigationSuggestionsUI,AutofillServerCommunication,SmsReceiver,TabHoverCards,TextFragmentAnchor,AutofillEnableAccountWalletStorage,AllowPopupsDuringPageUnload,NotificationTriggers,VideoPlaybackQuality --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --enable-audio-service-sandbox --disable-sync
Executable Path C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe
Profile Path C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default
Variations 5e3a236d-59e286d0

Screenshots of the reward settings:

Thank you for helping me trouble shooting

How can this issue be reproduced?

Described in the above article.

Expected result:
Brave ads work as usual.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.10.97 Chromium: 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Described in the above article.

1 Like

Update: I relaunched the browser, so the version is now Version 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Brave 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 19abfe7bcba9318a0b2a6bc6634a67fc834aa592-refs/branch-heads/4147@{#852}
OS Windows 10 OS Version 1903 (Build 18362.959)
JavaScript V8 8.4.371.19
Flash 32.0.0.403 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_32_0_0_403.dll
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.89 Safari/537.36
Command Line “C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” --disable-domain-reliability --disable-features=LookalikeUrlNavigationSuggestionsUI,AutofillServerCommunication,SmsReceiver,TabHoverCards,TextFragmentAnchor,AutofillEnableAccountWalletStorage,AllowPopupsDuringPageUnload,NotificationTriggers,VideoPlaybackQuality --disable-sync --enable-audio-service-sandbox --enable-dom-distiller --enable-features=AutoupgradeMixedContent,PassiveMixedContentWarning,WebUIDarkMode,PasswordImport,MixedContentSiteSetting,DnsOverHttps --extension-content-verification=enforce_strict --extensions-install-verification=enforce --no-pings --sync-url=https://no-thanks.invalid --enable-features=DnsOverHttps,MixedContentSiteSetting,PasswordImport,AutoupgradeMixedContent,PassiveMixedContentWarning,WebUIDarkMode --disable-features=UseButtonTranslateBubbleUI,VideoPlaybackQuality,NotificationTriggers,AllowPopupsDuringPageUnload,AutofillEnableAccountWalletStorage,TextFragmentAnchor,SmsReceiver,TabHoverCards,AutofillServerCommunication,LookalikeUrlNavigationSuggestionsUI --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --enable-audio-service-sandbox
Executable Path C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe
Profile Path C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default
Variations 5e3a236d-59e286d0
1 Like

I just noticed that the internet connection of my computer has SSL certificate problem. Does this interfere with Brave Ads?

1 Like

Hello @BruceChen1

please do not share your brave reward internal info in public
please edit your post and remove that part of the info and only offer it to official brave employee when they asked for it

have a nice day

1 Like

What happens since I have shared it? Should I abandon this wallet and create a new one?

Hello @BruceChen1

when one of the brave employee replay to you tell them about that also and what you should do

think of your wallet as if it was your bank account number that’s why it very sensitive info

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does the process of distributing Brave Ads require SSL certificate?
With SSL certificate problem, I can browse web using browsers normally, but I can not use some commands like ‘git clone’ or ‘pip install.’
If Brave Ads require SSL certificate, it may be the source of my problem.

Update:
My version is now Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit).
The issue persists.

Another problem appears.
I connected my Brave to my Uphold account, but when I click “Add Funds” or “Withdraw”, it keeps showing this.

Update:
The version is now Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)
The problem persists.

Update:
The Windows OS on my computer was updated around September 1st. The problem of not receiving ads was automatically solved since then. The problem may be due to the incompatibility between the browser and the OS.

1 Like

Thank you for reading this article. This issue is solved a month ago. Please close this topic. Good luck with the support team since you may have a lot of workloads. By the way, I hope Brave is able to connect to services other than Uphold.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.