I sent 365.634 BAT on my Brave Wallet but I didn't receive it

@User6,
What Operating System are you using?

@Mattches

The new one. The Chromium-based version.

I think @Mattches meant computer operating system not browser system. And you use Chrome OS??? @User6

Oh sorry. I’m such a noob in this field.
I have a Mac. So I guess I use MacOS. @Dgenies

@User6,
Please confirm the following:

• On your machine, go to MacHDD/Applications/, do you see a Brave.app file here? Note that we’re looking for Brave.app specifically – not Brave-Browser.app as shown in the image below:
  • Now, if you go to Users/[your user name]/"Application Support"/ is there a brave folder here? Again, we’re looking for brave specifically, not BraveSoftware:

@Mattches Thank you. But I only have Brave Browser on my computer, that’s all. I foolowed your guidance but I don’t have any Brave.app

Can you also check/confirm the second part for me?

@Mattches There is no Brave folder. I can confirm you that.

@User6,
To confirm, it seems what happened is that you:

• Were using the old, Muon brave browser – would have looked something like this:

:point_up: This is the version that had your Wallet information was stored on.

• You then upgraded to the new, Chromium-based Brave browser – what you’re likely using now:

:point_up: This version is the one you would need to Restore that data into by way of your wallet recovery key.

• You’ve checked on your machine in ~/Applications/ and ~/Library/"Application Support"/ to see if Brave Muon data is still present on your machine – it does not seem to be the case based on your last response.

If this is correct – I apologize but unfortunately given the above context, there is no way for you to recover your wallet/data. I’m sure that’s frustrating to hear and empathize with the frustration/inconvenience. In the future, please make sure you backup/save your wallet data somewhere safe before uninstalling or deleting any Brave installation.

Just in case, I’ve reached out to some Rewards team members to see if there is any other potential recourse available to you and will let you know if they provide one.

If the above process is not the case – Please let me know and try to provide a brief, yet cohesive and (very) detailed retelling of how you found yourself in this situation so I can further troubleshoot.

Thank you for your patience.

@User6 one last thing to try to see if you can locate a brave folder:

1. Open a new Finder window
  2. At the top of your screen, click on Go
  3. Hold down the option key, now ‘Library’ will appear in the list. Click on Library.
  4. Now open Application Support folder. Within Application Support check for brave.

Just one last attempt to find the previous brave folder :slight_smile:

@LaurenWags Thanks for the advice but I only find BraveSoftware.

@Mattches Thank you for everything. I totally understand.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.