I see the sponsored images but no BAT rewards

Hello Brave team,

I have noticed that I am not getting any BAT when the sponsored images appear.
Each time the sponsored image appears I have the following message in my log:

[Jun 19, 2021, 1:21:12.5 AM:ERROR:creative_new_tab_page_ads_database_table.cc(422)] Failed to get creative new tab page ad
[Jun 19, 2021, 1:21:12.5 AM:INFO:new_tab_page_ad.cc(73)] Failed to fire new tab page ad event for uuid

I have the same error message on my android phone each time a sponsored image appears…

Any idea how this issue could be solved?

Thanks.

I would like to report something I have noticed:

• I have an android phone, and on the phone when I use brave browser i get ads notification with the rewards adding up just after that.

• Still on the android device, when I get the sponsored ads I get no rewards, (It used to work fine)

• On the laptop i get no ads notification and when I see the sponsored images the rewards don’t increase …

Also I have a fair amount of campaign going on in my area …

(The screenshot below is from https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ )

The problem must be serious !
Or maybe i’m wrong, and it’s only a small amount of user that having this ads reward issue …

The problem still persist on my computer and my android phone.

[25 июн. 2021 г., 4:48:37,4 PM:ERROR:creative_new_tab_page_ads_database_table.cc(422)] Failed to get creative new tab page ad
[25 июн. 2021 г., 4:48:37,4 PM:INFO:new_tab_page_ad.cc(73)] Failed to fire new tab page ad event for uuid

confirm

Man this kind of problems always appears on weekends, hope the Brave def/supp team fix this ASAP…

I’ve the same error, I’m waiting for support to help me out

The issue has been fixed on my side, without me doing nothing!

[Jun 26, 2021, 5:11:31.5 AM:VERBOSE6:new_tab_page_ad_event_viewed.cc(32)] Successfully logged new tab page ad viewed event
[Jun 26, 2021, 5:11:31.7 AM:INFO:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(82)] OnCreateConfirmation
[Jun 26, 2021, 5:11:31.7 AM:VERBOSE6:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(84)] URL Response:
  URL: https://ads-serve.brave.com/v1/confirmation/e836aeff-f2f2-4c6d-80c8-

Hope it will stay like this for the next 20 years … :slightly_smiling_face:

Great Job!

1 Like

Hi! Great to hear the issue has been resolved. Thanks

@tmancey Well the issue is back today.
On the my linux machine and my android…
:expressionless:

Would be great to know the root of the issue

[Jun 29, 2021, 10:11:37.6 PM:ERROR:creative_new_tab_page_ads_database_table.cc(422)] Failed to get creative new tab page ad
[Jun 29, 2021, 10:11:37.6 PM:INFO:new_tab_page_ad.cc(73)] Failed to fire new tab page ad event for uuid

I’ve found out something interresting!

Paypal ads shows up on the new tab ads, but amoung the campaigns currently running there is no Paypal. It’s actually nexo’s ads that should appear according to what I am seeing on [https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/]

Now viewing catalog aeea…1000, retrieved 8m 1s ago. This catalog consists of 15 campaigns,
 15 creative sets, 34 ads from 6 advertisers targeting CI. The next update is scheduled to take
 place at 10:54:22 PM.

A way to correct it?
(I am not using any vpn service)

I didn’t see any background sponsor ad for all of my device since yesterday, but the pop up ads has shown up once in a while. A few minutes ago I open brave and see Paypal ads as the background ads, but there ain’t any count for it. Paypal did give me ad count in the past. Polkadot and Etoro showed up in the past but they never give any count.

The issue resolved itself once again!
:face_with_monocle:

[Jul 01, 2021, 1:33:35.3 PM:VERBOSE6:new_tab_page_ad_event_viewed.cc(32)] Successfully logged new tab page ad viewed event
[Jul 01, 2021, 1:33:35.5 PM:INFO:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(82)] OnCreateConfirmation
[Jul 01, 2021, 1:33:35.5 PM:VERBOSE6:redeem_unblinded_token.cc(84)] URL Response:

I really hope that I will understand the root of this issue and that BAT 2.0 will bring a more stable system in the future …

I have found something interesting today!

I am running Manjaro on my computer, I am bilingual (fluent in English and French), and I prefer setting all my devices (computers, smartphones) to English.

Today I noticed that the ads were not being served(the issue came back), and when I changed the language setting to french it started working again.

I am currently In Ivory coast (A french speaking country) and the language was set to English might be the reason why I was not getting served new tab ads …

1 Like

Hi. Could you please show me a screenshot of the settings where you set this region. Thank you

I hope it will help!

The screenshot of the manjaro linux installedon my laptop

You must go through the step bellow if your language or region is not listed

uncomment your language or region from this file
/etc/locale.conf

and then run
sudo locale-gen

About the smartphone, I have a Samsung S9

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.