I receive ads ONLY during night time

Briefly describe your issue:
I receive ADS ONLY at night. I’m a gamer and I work from home, so its not a huge deal, I mostly use the browser during the day, but I NEVER receive ads during daytime, only at night, specifically after 7/8 PM. WHAT A HELL?
I saw a tutorial that suggests to delete the file client.json but I don’t want to run the risk to get banned. Is it safe?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
WINDOWS 10, Version 1.35.101 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
NO YET, THERE IS THE BUG WITH GEMINI

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
YES. I EVEN TRIED TO TURN IT OFF BUT STILL NO ADS DURING THE DAY. PLEASE DON’T SUGGEST TO REMOVE THE VPN, VPN IS THE MAIN THING THAT PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY (SINCE THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF THE BROWSER) AND I MUST USE IT FOR WORK.
PLUS I’M NOT CONNECTED TO OTHER COUNTRIES, THE VPN IS SET IN MY STATE.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
YES

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

It has ben been 1 day already. Anyone has an answer?

@YoMike Gaming and watching videos in full screen can prevent ads from appearing. As you’ll see from the official FAQ/Support page at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055013431-Why-don-t-I-see-any-Brave-Ads-after-enabling-them-

Ad notifications will not be displayed when full-screen mode is detected to ensure the notifications do not interrupt the users session when watching a movie or gaming (for example).

Also, if you’re using a gaming mouse, some have drivers that can interrupt.

Using a gaming mouse Determined the cause to be a driver issue which also affected the Windows screen saver due to the driver always reporting the mouse being active.

Though on the gaming mouse, had someone make a suggestion that you can see at Ads depend on the number of monitors? - #12 by CharlesKlein

What’s interesting is since you’re only having issues during a part of the day, it seems something like I listed or another option might be putting your PC into something of a “do not disturb” mode. You didn’t specifically mention Focus Assist so not sure if you made sure to disable that entirely either.

And yeah, VPN wouldn’t have been the issue as it would have either prevented entirely or you’d not be getting any BAT if that was it. Sounds like with you making sure to have it set to your same region as you’re in, that wouldn’t be a violation of terms. They just want to make sure you’re not changing anything to see ads outside of your region.

Hello Saoiray,
Thank you for responding. I’m not playing on the browser, or watching videos, I just use it as regular browser, just googling and stuff.
I have a Razor gaming mouse, but it can’t be the problem because as I said, during night time I receive ads as soon as I open the browser.
And yes, I cannot set my VPN outside my state, for working purposes, so there is no worries about that. I just want to understand WHY I see ads only during at night and hopefully find a fix.

@YoMike Did you go into your Focus Assist settings on Windows? Not only to make sure it’s disabled but also that automatic rules are off as well? (if automatic rule in place, it turns itself on even though you have it turned off)

I just turned everything off (I just had the last 3 active), I rebooted and I got an Ad as soon as I opened the browser. Now, its past 7PM, so this is the night time where I usually get ads.
I will try tomorrow during the day and I will let you know.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I haven’t received anything for the whole morning now and I have been using the browser for the whole time. Last night, as usual, I received them.

@YoMike Weird. I’m going to hope @Mattches can hop over here with an idea.

Until then I think only other thing that can be done is to try what was suggested at Have not seen any Ads for 3 months - #9 by JohnDproof

hi @YoMike have you seen the new catalog? now it show us the view limits every campaign have.

maybe you are hitting the limits before morning :thinking:

note: the limits of the sponsored images are counted within a period of 24 hours, that is, if you see – they pay you – for the first S.I of the day at 7pm and then you reach the limit of 20 daily at 11pm for example , the system will stop paying you for the S.I that it shows you until 7pm the next day.

now, I don’t know if the limit is still 20/hrs for S.I or if the 24hr thing applies to push notification ads too. the last time I knew, P.N ads had a limit of 40/day

@Saoiray congratulations for your anniversary :thinking: :birthday::grin:

2 Likes

I see the same exact thing you see. How am I supposed to know if I see all of them? It says I have campaigns… But not I haven’t even seen an ad for the whole day, even now that is midnight. LOL. This browser is a great idea, but it still has a lot of issues.

I’m from Brazil. Also having this problem.

Ads only appears at night, after 10PM. NEVER at daylight.

-Version 1.35.100 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-Not using VPN
-My region is set correctly
-Running on a Windows 10 (Focus Assist completely disabled)
-No media or game playing, no gaming mouse.

what I wanted to show you was the max limit of ads every campaign will show you → the las number x/-/-/10, maybe you already reached it.

besides, we don’t have any warranty the browser will serve us all the ads in the catalog, it will show you only the ones that match your browsing insterest, if any

also,

well the catalog seems to be refilled at night(don’t know the exact hour), so I would say it is quite normal but what do I know?, it could be a bug too.

maybe, the only thing I know for sure is that most of the post in the forum are from people misunderstanding how the system works, but Brave is a bit at fault for that too

1 Like

@YoMike,
Please send me a DM with your wallet payment ID so I can take a closer look.

Thank you.

@Mattches , I sent you a PM. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.