I observed my brave broswer is opening a random crypto opentab in background and it was about some hotcoin.com as it was the only thing readable... is this a virus or brave broswer hacked?

I observed my brave broswer is opening a random crypto opentab in background and it was about some hotcoin.com as it was the only thing readable… is this a virus or brave broswer hacked?

Where are you seeing this? Can you take a screenshot?

To clarify, I don’t think there’s any NTP ads or anything for it, but wanting to make sure that’s not what you’re seeing. If it is indeed just something randomly popping up, then I’d look at your extensions and/or run a malware scan as it sounds like you might have some sort of adware on your device.

Of course, other thing to be mindful of is whether this is happening on any particular website or anything?

It stopped cause i uninstalled Brave and used antivirus to check if there is some infection or malware activity going on, but i am scared as it was a weird thing , it was something running in another tab in background, which was like something crypto all in chinese except hotcoin .com , so i panicked and uninstalled Brave and reinstalled

Definitely isn’t something that would be included in Brave. I’m guessing would be something you downloaded or something, assuming you’re not saying it wasn’t just a pop-up from a website you were visiting.

Glad to hear things seem to have resolved for now. I’m going to mark your last reply as the solution, but please reply and update if you have any further issues.

No I checked I didn’t download anything that was suspicious or something but yeah it’s resolved for now and i was worried if i was hacked or something :sob:.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.