I noticed that when on Ebay that a search description can be inserted and typed backwards, anyone else?

I noticed that when on Ebay that a search description can be inserted and typed backwards, anyone else? It’s the place where I see it happen most often. It’s not random. The character has to be the leftmost at the start of the search bar just type normal and it pushes characters to the right so when you are done, the whole word is backwards. I use a Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard

@Monetandme,
Can you please share the exact steps taken to reproduce this issue so that I can test on my end?

1. Go to Ebay and in the search bar of the site type JVC vintage
  2. look at how JVC came out should show egatniv CVJ

@Monetandme,
I don’t get the same results – searching on Ebay works just fine on my end:

Is this the only site this error occurs on?

@Monetandme
If you Right Click on the search bar there is a menu option Writing Direction. If you try the different options, does that change anything for you?

1 Like

@TopMax,
Excellent sleuthing. Wish I had thought of that myself – I imagine this is the both the issue and solution. @Monetandme – can you test and confirm?

Made no difference, just moved the starting position to the far right which is really weird.

@Monetandme,
Can you try right-clicking on Ebay, and in the context menu, going to Brave --> Clear CSS rules for this site, then refreshing the page and see if this resolves the issue?

Made no difference. I’m using a tecknet mouse and I wonder if that’s causing issues, it’s Bluetooth and so is my Microsoft keyboard?

@Monetandme,
Maybe? Honestly I have no idea – this is one of the weirder issues I’ve seen in my time here at Brave.
Is there any way I could get you to run a test by downloading our Beta build of the browser and seeing if you get the same results?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.