I moved from turkey to Canada

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
I moved from turkey to canada last month and i want to verified my uphold but it shows me this can anybody help me with this

@Hassanyaqoobi114 there have been a lot of restrictions to regions lately and they are working to resolve it. Some will return within the next couple weeks but most will not be able to connect to Uphold or Gemini for a few months. To learn more about this, please read everything in my post at PSA: Unsupported Region (make sure you click links and read all that too)

NOTE
In the meanwhile, I would suggest you make sure to complete the following:

1. Make sure to change your device Locale from Turkey to your location in Canada. Otherwise you might get flagged and unable to earn BAT.

2. In preparation for when you can link up Uphold or Gemini, make sure you update your information with them in the account. When you try to Verify with them to connect your Brave browser, which region you’re in will be determined by your information with them. If you changed countries, they will ask for proof and update it.

3. Be patient. Canada, United States, and a few others should be able to link to Uphold again within a week or two. However, as I said before, you’ll need to make sure your Uphold account shows you’re in Canada. If you don’t have the paperwork for that, they may keep as if you’re in Turkey and you’d be unable to link as Turkey is not one of the 19 authorized. So it might be a couple months. I am saying this just so you can be prepared for worst case scenario.

4. Make sure you actually read everything I linked to you originally. There’s important information there and I’ll update it as we learn more

1 Like

Btw, did you ever get this resolved?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.