I’m feeling that Brave is not being respected for user privacy, unfair, discriminatory…

I like Brave very much, but I believe that because Brave cannot develop if Brave does not change its policy, it will lose users, Brave bans too many regions and countries, which will limit global coverage. is the core thing.
Google forbids individuals not to ban regions or countries, Brave does the opposite, it shows that the issue of discrimination can be #political ideology, #religious component … that policy will eventually be banned by countries Inversely ban Brave =>>> Brave has no room to grow. That is the wrong policy.
Maybe my account will be locked after this post, but I want to tell you, I’m feeling that Brave is not being respected for user privacy, unfair, discriminatory…

1 Like

Oh yeah, lets make and assume this about being political or some discrimination boogey man BS, is it all people think about?
Have you even tried to really research the issue and why Brave has taken these decisions lately?

Literally Brave founders are from/living in two countries US/Canada that are infested (and invaded) by people from all in the world, but sure, let’s make it about some discriminatory narrative that doesn’t even make sense.

The worst is you are complaining in your title about “privacy” and then go to off the tangent go complain about something else.

Is it one or the other? It’s not like Brave is not trying to fix the issues with regions, they have added some back, but they have to make measures too because of things like uphold and gemini decisions. Also, Brave is a real company, not some fork made by 3 high school friends, so they have to follow and respect laws, especially in USA where a lot of justice system is just twisted and screwed, or something about the IRS, which is obviously trying to get anything from even small sellers in Youtube.

You even go and start talking how, Google and their regions, well Google is a trillion dollar company, and their whole business is around ads that you can’t optout, while Brave’s business is the opposite, it is a system where you need to opt-in, and not everyone does it, also Brave is giving users back something, Google doesn’t.
So even if they are like ad business companies, they are totally different.

Research and understand, people should stop being so dramatic, and people should try to understand help Brave team, go and research and read more and maybe you will see that Brave is trying to fix things, but they can’t press a button and fix everything tomorrow. Even with uphold they are trying to fix that verified accounts won’t have problems even if their region is not supported.

But people like you are a problem, talk crap, make more crap and then play the “I will be banned because I said the truth” like if you were going to get a reward for playing the martyr here.
In a Fairy Tale, maybe running a business like Brave wants for a small company like Brave will work 100% without problems or laws or governments or anyone in the middle, and developers will just press a button and everything will be built within a day, but that’s not how it is.

2 Likes

Please show me fairness before rebutting. Your opinion is only respected when everyone feels equal here

1 Like

IMO, The simple reason is because they have a liquidity issue. Meta, Google, Snap, and many ad companies’ revenue took a hit due to the macro issue this quarter, and I don’t think Brave is on a different boat. So what they do now are cutting the regions that are not profitable to them, which means no or less ad sponsors. Also, put as many people on banned list as possible, so they don’t have to pay. Brave is a business. If they don’t make money, they can’t pay up. Users are just like many debt holders out there.

1 Like

I also think that is the essence of the problem, but they give unreasonable reasons and ways

Brave hasn’t banned any countries

What discrimination? Seriously, try to articulate things rather than throwing out baseless accusations. If you just talk about how certain countries can’t link to a custodial wallet, you really do need to research a bit more. That’s not discrimination but is government regulations and business, much of with Brave has no control over.

You’ve falsely mentioned a lot, but this is the most inaccurate thing you’ve said yet. There’s not even a shred of credibility to it in any form or fashion.

No, it won’t. Though I will say if comments/posts on this get out of hand, then the topic will be closed. And if communication starts to become disrespectful and/or unproductive, then you may see consequences.

Two things.

1. You aren’t “feeling” that way. You think. There’s a HUGE difference between thinking and feeling. It’s possible to say “I feel dismissed when I’m unable to link my account,” or “I feel angry because I don’t like current policies.” But you can’t “feel Brave is not being respected.”

2. Very important thing you’ll learn in life is that YOU are the only one who can control how you feel. If you have unrealistic expectations or don’t take the time to be understanding of circumstances, then your decisions will result in those feelings. Your lack of knowledge and understanding of circumstances has contributed to poor thinking that is then causing you feel the emotions you are. Thus you are making yourself upset and here throwing a fit, making all sorts of false claims in doing so.

2 Likes

like i said, let’s show fairness to all users, not see a few users who can cheat and ban their whole country, follow one of brave’s statement and statement as use and receive rewards, but for understanding, you should remember that if you criticize me, I also have the right to criticize you and what the truth is, you should think about your statement, don’t lead off topic

1 Like

Not at all. Seriously, some of you need to research before you comment.

Wrong again. First off, no regions have been cut. Sure, there’s been restrictions to linking to custodial partners but that’s a whole other story.

Haven’t been paying much attention, have you? Ads have been staying strong with Brave. Campaigns haven’t really dwindled. You’ll also have seen that BAT purchases from Brave to fund campaigns have stayed solid or increased, including the last few purchases for over 1 million BAT, whereas they usually only buy 100,000-400,000 or so at a time.

Again, inaccurate claim with no form of evidence. Very few people have been banned. Sure flags happen, just as there truly are people violating policies and laws to try to earn BAT.

Good thing they are making money, huh? Remember, we get 70% of all ad revenue. Brave takes the rest. Then Brave also gets money from premium accounts, VPN, Wallet transactions, and a few other things that you’re likely not aware of. They are making good profits.

2 Likes

Wrong. Attack the argument, not the person. And nobody here should be criticizing anyone. If you choose to start attacking people, then you will get yourself in trouble as it’s a violation of the rules here.

I stayed on topic and made sure to quote each thing I responded to. But if you want to say that you have nothing to reply with as you know you’re wrong, then that’s fine.

3 Likes

I don’t think you can tell either until your CFO post the Brave’s financial public. Unless you are okay to post your financial here. I don’t really mine to take back my comment. So your claim on strong ad revenue is unjustified either.

oh yes, ad is so strong showing on my browser, but you guys have NOT paid me for 2 months, and I am flagged. When I emailed your support, you guys told me I am permanent ban. I asked why I am ban but the ad still showing on my browser. Your support is ignoring me.

it’s wrong that you think I’m wrong, kkk, I don’t want to argue with you anymore let’s all judge.
and equality is for the whole, not for the few.
I am a user, who are you in this forum we all know. So what I have to do is stop talking, and let other users judge

1 Like

Saoiray
Also, I am not here to argue with you about brave’s financials. In fact, it is okay for a company to struggle a bit during such times. I hardly see anyone saying that they are doing well in today’s environments.

I am here to reply tdtmod’s comment. I truly appreciate someone openly criticizing and tackling the issue. I think his comment is fair and reasonable, and many users are seeing the problem, including me. What you do is blindly defend the company but not confront the actual problem that really pissed me off. I don’t think that is a good way to grow your company by ignoring your users’ comments and issues.

I probably use Brave way before you join the company. I was on the beta version way before Brave issued the BAT token. I use it because I believe in Brendan Eich’s vision and support it.

1 Like

Brave’s policy is not to tell anyone. They used to advise people of what happened, but then they had too many who used the information to try to game the system. Such as “if your IP and Locale don’t match, then it can get you flagged.” Then people was like, “Okay, let me change my Locale and use a VPN to change the IP address, now I can circumvent regional ad restrictions!”

Obviously was more to it than that, but it just got to the point where Brave made sure that there’s a delay before flagging and there’s no hint to let people know how they got caught. One thing that can pretty much be certain though is if they don’t reverse the flag, then it means they are confident you were gaming the system and violating terms.

It shouldn’t, to my knowledge. So that would be interesting. Of course, nothing to stop you from turning off Brave Ads so they aren’t shown and disabling Sponsored Images so they don’t show on NTP. Then you also always have the choice of creating a new Profile and using Rewards through it. Accounts tend to just be flagged on a local level for the time being. Not sure when or if they’ll change it. But there’s not really any good way to be able to block anyone permanently.

1 Like

I never “joined the company.” I’m a User. Been using Brave since 2018. Just been active on Community is all and help people, which is why I have the Community Ninja badge/title.

Photos 10_29_2022 16_20_59

Agreed. I just was trying to offer corrections on some things said. Often people get upset and then jump to conclusions or phrase things improperly in the moment. I’m not taking away from opinions. Only was trying to make sure we’re all able to be factual in what we’re saying.

I have been using brave for 4-5 years, I like it very much, but in the past 1 year I see many unreasonable policies, if I want to develop further, I think brave needs to have a vision and adjust policies. and we can see financial reports, users… we can see that not what they say, in fact right from the number of reported visits….

1 Like

Well, I never game the system, and I am permanently banned now with the ad continues showing.

TBH, I don’t really care anymore, and it is a tiny bit of a BAT. Since I am banned and had done nothing wrong, I start losing confidence in Brave’s fraud system and policy. Eventually, I will move on if Brave does not show significant improvements and tackle users’ issues and fix that reward problem. So you guys can keep my unpaid BATs.

I am here to praise OP for openly criticizing Brave’s problems, which I also see as a critical issue for Brave’s growth.

3 Likes

They are not a public company, and they don’t need to show. So, this would only be a voluntary process. I rarely see a few non-public companies(non-govt) show their financials.

The nature of the problem is all too obvious. The decline in advertising campaigns also shows the problem. company capitalization…

1 Like

but the main issue I want to talk about here is not about their finances. I mean the policy and the way they treat users is unfair

1 Like

In the end, it is all about money, and I don’t disagree with some of Saoiray’s comments. Regulations do play a role in some countries’ bans, but I disagree with how Brave handles the issue. They try to push the problem onto users, which is not a user’s problem obviously. When users earned their BATs, this is their BATs. Brave has to completely pay the users first before cutting off, or at least hit their exchange wallet account. Now, many users are in limbo with their BATs between brave browser and exchange wallet.

If there is a country ban, they have to notify users way ahead that the Brave reward will be completely cut off and their BAT will be fully paid to their exchange wallet. After that, no ad will be shown and the exchange wallet will be completely cut off.

1 Like