I lost all my BAT when verifying with Uphold

I am on 12.3. Perhaps this broke when I updated something awhile back? not sure.

As for the HTTP -1 issue, MacOS 12.3 is fairly new, so it shouldn’t be the problem. Is there a VPN or firewall on your network? That might cause issues contacting our servers.

The folder would be:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/

That is your Brave Browser profile. That contains everything about your Brave browser, including your Rewards profile.

If you copy-paste that folder into your new machine, your Brave browser should boot up again with your old profile. From there, you could see your Rewards Payment Id.

@moonraccoon If you’re online, maybe it’s easier to just jump on a quick call together and you can do a screenshare. I need to catch up with what the problem is that you’re currently facing. I’ll send you a PM now with a link, and hopefully you’ll join.

@moonraccoon Another way to try and find your Rewards Payment ID in your old backup is to open the file preferences (in a text editor) under the /default folder. In there, do a cmd + f search for “payment_id”. Then you might find some entries with your Rewards Payment ID there. For example, I found several entries like this in mine:

"payment_id":"f23b93f9-f381-5b13-ba6g-dc2e7c8doidg"
1 Like

I specifically refrained from mentioning the file as it has much other sensitive info that, if mishandled, can potentially affect many things in Brave like Brave Wallet. Anyway, thanks for jumping in. Also, just out of curiosity, is it possible to backtrack a user’s previous Brave Rewards address if a user manually resets Brave Rewards?

@moonraccoon Although Saoiray already mentioned reasons for not posting logs, I will add that,

many don’t. And if they see others posting logs, they might do the same, unknowingly. So best practice is to not post logs at all.

Now, you can try to replace the Brave-Browser folder as instructed by chriscat and it can work if your rewards-profile in your backup from Feb is in good shape. But any rewards earned after Feb would be lost in the process. However, with chriscat here, it won’t be too difficult to recover them. Good luck.

Sorry I missed your PM. But thanks for telling me about the preferences file! That’s all I was looking for in order to be able to open a ticket. So I found my payment_id and now I’ve done that.

I’m also going to try restoring the entire Default directory… I thought I should be more surgical than that but here goes!

1 Like

OK well. A lot of stuff is lost now with regards to my preference… But I see a BAT balance now!

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 4.08.05 PM

Not as many than I would have thought… It’s possible some are still missing? Now I need to link this to Uphold somewhere?

When I click on “Rewards Settings” my balance disappears again.

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 4.11.19 PM

You should restore your /brave-browser folder, not just your /default folder. /brave-browser is your whole browser profile. (Exit the app before you do this.)

1 Like

I did default. I lost a lot of bookmarks and history and authentication cookies when i did that. I’ll try the whole thing… that’s a heck of a lot of files. was hoping to avoid a scorched earth approach but i guess we aren’t surgeon’s here.

isn’t it likely that many things won’t be correct by restoring the support files for a previous version of the browser?

You can go to https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases to download older version if anything, assuming you can figure out which version of Brave you’re pulling from. Install that on existing device, move the files over, and then update the browser (If worried about it or it doesn’t work after you try)

I’m saying it that way because I’m not even going to pretend to be smart enough to know the answer. I do know in the past it was said to be important that both were running the same version, but I don’t know the “risk” behind it. But I’m assuming as long as you have the backup folder, your worse case scenario of it not working is that you have to remove from new and then try once more with the backup.

1 Like

Having a hard time navigating the Brave releases. Do you have a link to what would have been the latest one on February 7th ? I do have my paymentID now… Is there some way I can use that to look at all my Rewards claim history? Or a way that a member of the Brave team can ?

Don’t try again and again. You can risk losing the uphold account and balance on that account.

Too many variables to know in advance, but it’s worth a shot. Just try the full /brave-browser folder restore.

Otherwise, if you know the exact old version # of Brave of your previous profile, then you can tell us and we can try to find you the right download. It’d be on https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/releases, but it’s a really long list, so might be hard for you to navigate yourself.

@moonraccoon sorry I went AWOL there. So looking at https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Brave-Release-Schedule-Archive it seems like 1.35.xx would have been the last update, releasing on February 2.

You’d find that at

Then the next update was February 8, which would have been:

Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

I have a support ticket open that I’m waiting to hear back from first though.