I lost all my BAT when verifying with Uphold

Hi @moonraccoon

Can you take a screenshot of your Rewards Panel to keep record of your Estimated Earnings.

If you are able to, could you go to brave://rewards, click on Manage Brave Rewards and Reset your Brave Rewards.
Of course this will most likely reset all the Estimated Earnings you have been earning.

Once you’ve done that, go to brave://rewards-internals and see if a Rewards Payment ID was generated. If yes, please send me a DM with the ID and a link to this thread.

Not an option. There is nothing that says ‘Manage Brave Rewards’ there.

Sorry, I meant brave://rewards

Oh right… That’s the screen where i have the endless “please wait” message.

Does it still hang even after refreshing the page?

Yes. It does this no matter what I do. This started after I said I wanted to “Authorize” Brave with Uphold after clicking the “login to Uphold” box in the rewards page.

Ok thanks for confirming.

Have you tried fully closing down the browser in your task manager and see if the message still appears in brave://rewards?
Also does this issue still persist if you clear you cookies?

I have quit several times. Does it leave something running I will find in my Activity Monitor?(I’m on Mac.)

I just checked and I don’t see any tasks still running after I quit the app. I probably have to delete my uphold and brave.com cookies.

Nope… tried that… brave://rewards is still hung with that message. it did disappear when i performed the update today. but then came back as soon as i clicked on “Authorize” again.

Don’t mind me, but just thought I’d jump in with a couple thoughts. Might be “way out in left field” and nothing to do with it, but mentioning just in case might somehow work.

1. In that screenshot I’m seeing a lot of active extensions. Have you tried disabling them? Might be weird and unexpected, but I’m making a shot in the dark here and wondering if might be causing an issue.

2. Second thought, what happens if you go to https://brave.com/download/ and install the newest on. It won’t get rid of anything, just would basically be a manual update in case something went wrong with the installation.

1 Like

@SaltyBanana Just out of curiosity, since OP owned some BATs (vBATs and not just eastimated earnings) before trying to verify with Uphold, would it be possible to recover his old Rewards Payment ID and vBATs if he resets his Brave Rewards?

would it be possible to recover his old Rewards Payment ID and vBATs if he resets his Brave Rewards?

I think @chriscat can best answer if that is a possibility. However, it does appear that Rewards Payment ID is in a corrupt state and could/would need to restore that Payment ID or generate a new one.

I’d like to see what happens with what @Saoiray pointed out with them having all those extensions. I’ve been seeing an uptick of these cases and I’m information gathering.

@moonraccoon

I think you might having a similar issue to this user here. There is a hot fix coming out on Nov 17th.

1 Like

Just going to repeat here that I have access to a disk backup that was made 9 months ago which I could restore any file from.

If I only know which file to restore…

MacOS.

Also, I can open an official support ticket if only I had a valid " wallet payment ID" to include when I submit the form. It’s a required field and seems to validate it to a point where i can’t enter some bogus number. So apparently you aren’t allowed to ask for support when the thing you need support with is finding your “wallet payment ID”

You can change the support topic to Brave Browser Issue. Wallet/Rewards payment ID would not be needed then. And can you try the 2 steps of Saoiray that SaltyBanana referred to? Also, SaltyBanana already mentioned a hotfix will be rolled out on Nov 17th. Better would be to wait till that update.

However, just out of curiosity, there would be a Rewards.log file in BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default folder in the backup that you have. If you open it in Brave or any text editor, do you see same/similar error logs that you currently see in brave://rewards-internals/? Don’t post any of those entries but do post an update.

On MacOS that path seems to be :

/Users/robin/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default

And yes… the file appears to be full of the same kind of errors as I see in brave://rewards-internals/

This is where the log starts… There is nothing in there before October 20. Is this only an error log? I wonder if these problems started on October 20

what can I do with that?

I’m not sure what the other things were you thought I should try. Uninstalling the other extensions? I have removed most of them except MetaMask and Phantom now. No difference.

Does anyone know where i can find my “wallet payment ID” in the config files? I can restore any file from last February when everything was working.

@moonraccoon First Don’t post your logs. No screenshots no such texts. Now you can find the payment_id in one of the files in the default folder but since you don’t see it on brave://rewards-internals/, the chances are the file may already be corrupt.

I meant you to look for the Rewards.log file in your backup directory that you have from Feb, not your current working directory. Also, when was the last time you received a payout? Better to check the dates from here to be precise- brave://rewards-internals/ > Promotions. Do post an update.

1 Like

Why not? I think I know what’s sensitive and what’s not. What part of my logs could you do anything with besides possibly gain a better understanding of my issue?

Please tell me what file contains my payment_id even if it might be corrupt… it probably wasn’t last February.

Well that’s just the problem. That makes it look like I’ve never received a payout. I’ve not only lost my tokens but my wallet. That’s why I’m here trying to recover it. I don’t know when the last payout I got was… Maybe September… Possibly October. But then it all disappeared.

I’d like to find my wallet payment ID so that I can open a support ticket. I can restore any file from February when this was all working. Is there not a file that would be helpful?

In the rewards.log there is only still a lot of errors. It seems to only record when there is a problem. Here’s a small excerpt from it…

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 12.17.22 PM

1. Because sometimes it can contain personal information that shouldn’t be shared.

2. Unless requested, the logs usually don’t help much. This is especially the case as people make assumptions on things. To quote from Support a while back:

Digging through/posting logs and making assumptions about what they mean is not helpful to anyone.

Also, to quote them in terms of what to do when you have issues:

That if users aren’t seeing ads or receiving payment, they need to reach out to us directly and they need to exercise patience as not only do we have 1000s of messages to go through between us (support), each individual ticket/DM/request can take anywhere from a few minutes, to a few hours to several days to diagnose

So if you haven’t done the Rewards Support Ticket I’d hop to it.

Yes, you’re saying it asks for a Wallet Payment ID. But you could also create a ticket then under Browser Support Ticket if need be. You don’t have to submit a Wallet Payment ID for that.
___________-

@SaltyBanana If they reset their Rewards, would it screw them so-to-speak? I’m trying to think what might be possible in terms of assuming they did have 200 BAT, not wanting to do anything that will lose it. But if the browser already isn’t showing a Wallet Payment ID or anything, then I’m assuming it would be 100% safe to do and would at least get them earning now. Still a question of prior BAT though.

Assuming it was verified with Uphold, I’m also wanting to think you could perhaps backtrack using email associated with Uphold and/or their Uphold ID, but not 100% sure on that.

Of course, @moonraccoon, even if what I’m suggesting to SaltyBanana is correct, you’ll still want to get that ticket submitted and try to include that information. Or, if they have contacted you via DM, you’ll want to share that info there. (Ticket submits to entire team, DM is just specific person, so tickets usually are best). Once you do get a ticket submitted, respond with a ticket number…if it gives you one. (In the past, only gives ticket number to Rewards tickets. Not sure if they changed that or it’s still like that)

@moonraccoon Just jumping in here: Can you share which version of MacOS you’re on? The “unexpected HTTP status: -1” error is very commonly associated with an old version of MacOS, where the certificates in the OS are out of date/expired. And therefore, your device cannot establish a proper connection with our servers.

I am on 12.3. Perhaps this broke when I updated something awhile back? not sure.