I just shut off the ads

I finally got tired of the ads that take over the browser and don’t allow using the “Back” arrow to go back to where I was.

So I shut off the ads.

Let me know when you get this fixed.

@JohnK625,
Thank you for reaching out.
Apologies but I’m not entirely sure what it is that you’re referring to. How exactly do ads prevent you from using the “back arrow”?

2 Likes

Most ads either open in a new window, or, if they take over the window you were using, allow you to return to what you were doing via the back-arrow.

But some ads take control of the browser, and the only way to get back to whatever you were previously doing is to re-start.

@JohnK625,
Can you please tell me exactly which ads exhibit the behavior you’re describing?

Sorry - I didn’t record them, and, since I have the ads turned off, I don’t see them any more.

J.

@JohnK625,
You can go to your 7-day ads history and view previously served ads. Can you please enable ads (temporarily, just until we get this info), then click the 7-day ads history option at the bottom of the section and see if you can identify the ad you’re describing?

Where is the ad history?

@JohnK625,
Please see my response above. You will have to re-enable ads for a moment to see the menu. In Brave, click Main menu --> Brave Rewards --> Ads and then click on the 7-day ad history link, denoted in the image I sent previously.

Here’s one -
https://try.blockfi.com/earn-interest-crypto/?utm_source=brave&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=push-BIA-Blockfi-February-2021-BIA-USA&utm_content=2&utm_term=BF001-US

A bit more information -

The ad link appeared at the bottom right of my screen. I clicked it, and the ad site came up in the same window that I had been using for Gmail. But I could not click the “Back” arrow to go back to Gmail - I had to re-start Gmail from my menu bar.

But, after I sent the link info to you, I tried putting it into the Brave address/search window, and the ad site came up in a separate window - no problem with that.

So something is wrong with the function that brings up the ad site from clicking on the ad in the lower right corner.

Hope this helps.

J.

@JohnK625,
Has this happened for any other ad that you’ve seen or only the one time? I don’t see any known issues we have surrounding clicking on ads notifications (at least not any that match what you’re describing).

Maybe I just figured it out - Brave puts ads on my screen even when it’s not running. If I click on one of these, it lights up Brave, but, of course, there is no “Back” to go to.

I think it would be best if Brave only posted ads when it is running.

So, I’m shutting them off again.

J.

@JohnK625,
You should not be receiving Brave Ads unless you have the browser open w/Brave Ads enabled. You’re saying that with no Brave applications open, you’re still seeing Brave Ads?

Never had an ad “take over”. They all open in a new tab, and then I just close that tab, and I’m back where I started.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.