I have to load URLs twice

Although it doesn’t happen 100% of the time, I keep finding that if I copy-&-paste a URL into the URL line, it isn’t recognized on the first try and I have to paste it a second time.

The sequence is:

– I copy a URL from some source.
– I paste it into the URL line in a new tab in Brave.
– The URL displays but as Brave appears to start navigating to it, it disappears from the URL line and the browser seems to hang.
– I wait. Nothing happens so I enter the same URL in the URL line again.
– Navigation to the target webpage then proceeds as normal.

Brave v. 1.23.71 Chromium: 90.0.4430.72 (Official Build) (x86_64)
OS Mojave 10.14.3

Hi @mk7z,

Does this issue persist with other url’s?
Have you tried removing any extensions that might cause the hang?
Also, have you tried resetting your wifi router?

Best,
Salty :banana:

1 Like

@SaltyBanana Thanks for your reply.

Does this issue persist with other url’s?

Yes, it’s definitely not limited to any particular URL.

I’ve been noticing that it seems to happen a lot with the Paste & Go function from a right-click, especially when trying to insert a copied URL in the URL line.

There is another similar issue I experience on a continuous basis – I wonder if the two are related:
A lot of the time when I try to paste content I’ve copied, the paste function won’t work (nothing happens).

If I then randomly ‘select’ any text (even one letter in a word) in the target doc as if to copy it, then the paste of the previously-copied text will work normally.

Have you tried removing any extensions that might cause the hang?

What extensions could be involved in this kind of issue?

Encountering the same issue as described in the first post. Mostly, but not only, with copying and pasting a url in the address. Also happened when I typed the url in the address bar.

I just turned all my extensions off except Vimium.

Will update.

Brave Browser v90.1.23.75 (123.75)
Mac OS X 10.12.6

1 Like

Updated Brave to version 1.24.82 Chromium 90.0.4430.93

Same behaviour with all the extensions turned down.

Not the biggest bug. Just irritating.

Opening a new Brave tab and copying and pasting one url or opening a new Brave tab and typing then selecting a new url from the address bar often (8 out 10 times this morning) leads to having to perform the action two times as once the I type enter the address seems to load the url or perform a search then, half a second later, the address bar is empty again.

More than just irritating as I said in my last post. Maybe I should go back to Google Chrome?

Brave Browser v90.1.24.85 (124.85)

Hi there,

You might want to consider updating to the latest version of Brave and try creating a separate profile to see if this issue persists.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.