I get logged out of everything every time I close the browser, including 2FA [Solved]

Windows 10

Brave 0.24.0
V8 6.9.427.23
rev f657f15
Muon 8.1.6
OS Release 10.0.16299
Update Channel Release
OS Architecture x64
OS Platform Microsoft Windows
Node.js 7.9.0
Brave Sync v1.4.2
libchromiumcontent 69.0.3497.100

When I log in to websites (Gmail, Lastpass extension, Todoist, everything) and then I exit out of Brave, when I open brave again, all my logins are lost including my 2 factor authentication on Google and Lastpass. I even have to manually type my email address into Lastpass when the checkbox is checked. I would like to be forced to login to Lastpass every time I open the browser, but I would like to manage for myself whether websites keep me logged in.

I assumed there might be some setting somewhere for retaining cookies or something, but I have not found it and my searches in this forum did not yield anything. Any ideas?

Hi @benmordecai,

Did you enable All site cookies under Preferences > Security > Private Data? This setting will make Brave delete all cookies every time you close/quit Brave.

Thanks,
:slight_smile:

Indeed I did… without realizing it. Thank you for your help! This is solved.

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation @benmordecai. Glad to know it’s solved.

I’m going to close this thread for now since the original issue’s solved. Feel free to open a new thread if you have another report, questions or feedback.

Thanks for using Brave,
:slight_smile: