I get BAT in ubuntu even though I have disabled notifications from Brave and don't see popup ads

yea jeez was too lazy of me to not check and note that so thanks’

anyway i also need to do that with adblock for some sites
actually adblock plus is worse per default because some sites detect it (unless you enable the option to hide from websites for ABP)

you welcome

and good luck with adblock plus :slight_smile:

i prefer to use brave, but at work its chrome (they dont have the new edge yet)

btw npr.org doesnt have many ads so its fine to disable shield

i do not use chrome only firefox and brave but sometime for testing i use safari and edge and even IE

it’s not just ads that brave block some sites has tracking script in their code and other stuff even from 3rd party that they use their service

yea thats very good too,
great i really like firefox as well

btw. in windows i dont get BAT for the new tab ads? as in ubuntu

check if you turned the reward on or not in windows device

i didnt and i have used the browser a lot

check if you enable the notifications setting in your windows 10

and for sponsor image do you get any of those image in your new tab

and check this post also FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

i do get those images you just mentioned.

thats why i see a difference beteween ubuntu and windows.
i disabled notifications in both systems. but only receive bat in ubunut (for new tab ads)
but ok let me enable them in windows and see that i actually earn.

you get payed for sponsor image at the end of the month
so did you used brave for more than a month in your windows device

1 Like

yea much more, but i enable notifications lets see if it makes a difference (for windows)

good luck :slight_smile:

nothing so far, strange, must have messed up my windows. it’s possible, i have done some things, but strange still…
but i will post if it starts working after some time (hours so far and none yet)

check this one maybe it help FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

hmm maybe the idontcareabout cookies extension, i will try without it

not works, but its ok, must be my windows, nice we found out it was not different between linux and windows

1 Like

Not just you, I’m week one user with 200bat in Uphold, more on coinbase and Crypo.com

Recently and I’m having a lot of trouble syncing wallet. Win7, win 10, Ubuntu, note10 plus.

Am unable currently to ‘validate’ without having 25BAT… SIGH

yea but my challenge is i dont earn them at all and i dont think another one i know does either (not sure)

ah ok maybe thats why i cant validate on uphold because i need more than 25 bat?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.