I get a New Window instead of New Tab when click on "+"

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

When I either click on the + for a new tab or right click on a link in Brave and choose “Open in new tab” it opens a new window instead.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. New Windows 10 installation and new Brave install.

2. When I either click on the + for a new tab or right click on a link in Brave and choose “Open in new tab” it opens a new window instead.

Expected result:

I want “+” to open a new tab and right click “… new tab” to open a new tab in the current window, not a new window.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Brave is up to date
Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Additional Information:

Very annoying yet it works fine on my Mac install of Brave. Why have the context menu offer both “Open in new tab” and “Open in new window” if only the latter is honored? Do I have a setting wrong somewhere?

thanks, -deac

Hi @deac33m Welcome to Community!
Do you have any extensions installed? If so, can you try disabling all of your extensions? If that solves the problem, the next steps would be to enable each extension one by one, and seeing which one causes the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.