I clicked on start 7 day trial and got charged a yearly subscription

Please provide us with the following information

Type of device (iPad pro, iPhone 10, etc): iphone 14 pro

iOS version ( Settings --> About --> Software Version ):

Detailed description of the behavior:
I would like to get a refund for a yearly vpn firewall subscription, I clicked on start 7 day trial and was charged a yearly subscription I do not want, I already contacted apple but got no response from them. Thanks

@steeven @GuardianTeam please assist.

Hello @tomasherrera

The subscription is managed by Apple and therefore a refund can only be requested through Apple. In contacting Apple, did you attempt the following steps to cancel and request a refund?

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID
  3. Swipe up to Subscriptions and tap it. Then select Brave Firewall and tap “cancel subscription”
  4. To request a refund, hit back to the previous screen. Swipe up to Media & Purchases and tap it. Scroll to Purchase History and tap it.
  5. Scroll to Brave Firewall Subscription and tap “Total Billed”.
  6. Tap on the Brave App Icon and select “Report a Problem” to request a refund from Apple.
1 Like

Yes they said to contact you because I am not entitled to a refund based on their policy

@tomasherrera,
Has it been more than 30 days since you started the subscription?

No, it was less than 48 hours ago

Hello again, could I get my refund please?

Excellent — then yes you can get your refund but it will have to be requested via the Apple app store, as @Lou-ee stated above:

I did, they said I can’t get one and to contact you

Could I get a resolution please?

@tomasherrera,
Can you please tell me what reason they gave you for not refunding your purchase? You should have up to 30 days to do this for any reason (as it is for most apps/purchase on the app store).

I don’t qualify, that’s it, it is an automated response, I then appealed, same response, and I can’t appeal again