I cant open Brave on Windows 10

Description of the issue:
When I try to open Brave, everything goes blank. I just click on the icon, as I usually do.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Double click on the Brave icon. i am using windows 10 and Brave

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

https://paste.pics/66B3Y

Expected result:
I hope to use Brave

Reproduces how often:
All the time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I am using Windows 10 - Last Brave Version (07/22/2019) - i cant open the “about Brave”

Additional Information:

Welcome, @kalq. Had Brave been working before, or is this a fresh install?

Yes. Brave has been working before. I try to reboot the PC and the issue continue, so i unistalled the app and the download the last version and do a fresh install.

@kalq,
Are you connecting through a VPN service of any kind? Do you have any AV software installed on your machine?
A couple things to try:

• Can you launch Brave and open a Private browsing session (Main Menu --> New Private Window) and tell me if you can browse in a private session?
  • Click the “People” icon (top right, next to main menu), then Manage People --> Add Person and create a new browsing profile. A new window should launch when complete – tell me if you get the same error.

Hi Mattches,
I usually use mcafee antivirus. The Brave application always worked correctly with this Antivirus. I dont use VPN.

Private Window => Not Working

Manage People => Not Working

Brave Settings => Not Working

@kalq,
It doesn’t look like you have any extensions installed but can you confirm that for me? It may be a corrupted profile which we can fix in a couple of different ways. First we should confirm that it is in fact a Brave issue and not an issue with your PC or connection.

Can you try downloading a different Brave build – Brave Beta for example – and see if you get the same behavior? Note that downloading/installing separate Brave builds will not erase or interfere with any Brave data from your current installation.

Hi i dont have extensions, i am using a fresh install.
I am trying using the beta version too, but the beta version i not working.
Screenshot_1

I have a fresh Install

@kalq,
When you went to uninstall Brave, did you just use the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature? Or did you also manually remove the BraveSoftware folder found in ~users/[username]/AppData/Local? If not, please do so (uninstall, delete folder) then re-download one more time to see if this resolves the issue.

Hi again, i try ti uninstall Brave using Windows Add/Remove and then i remove manualy the Brave Folder and re download but… Brave is not working.

@kalq,
Other users facing similar issues have resolved this by allow exceptions for Brave in their AV software:

Are you certain Windows defender, mcafee or any other installed AV on your system isn’t blocking Brave?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.