I can't globally disable Trackers and ads blocking

Description of the issue:
Brave shields’ “Trackers & ads blocking” dropdown menu under the Shields section in brave://settings continues to revert to the “Standard” setting when I attempt to change it to “Disabled”. It does not change back to “Standard” when I change it to “Aggressive” and I would like to have a way to disable all shields as as of right now, I’m not actually able to globally disable all shields.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Navigate to brave://settings and scroll down to the “Shields” section.
  2. Select the dropdown menu “Trackers and ads blocking” and change it to “Disabled”.
  3. Refresh the page and look at the dropdown menu.

Expected result:
It should have reverted to the “Standard” setting no matter if you had it on “Aggressive” or “Standard” before you tried to switch it to “Disabled”.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.11.101 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

1 Like

Same issue here but with the beta build [Version 1.13.54 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)]

1 Like

also for me on Version 1.11.104 Chromium: 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I am encountering the same issue. Cannot globally disable Tracker & Ads blocking in the settings. Changing the other shield settings does not seem to have an effect on this issue.
Version 1.12.112 Chromium: 84.0.4147.125 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10

1 Like

I just tested the issue with Brave Beta [Version 1.13.78 Chromium: 85.0.4183.69 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)].

The issue is partly resolved. When I change the setting to Tracker and Ads blocking: “Disabled” and then re-open the settings page it reverts back to “Standard”.

BUT: When I open a random website and check the Brave shield it is set to “Allow all trackers & ads”.

It seems to work in Brave Beta, even though the settings page is still bugged.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.