I can't earn BAT because my account is unverified, and I can't verify my account because I don't have enough BAT

I followed all the directions here:

It didn’t work. It still says I’m unverified.

I need at least 2 BAT to verify my account. I also need to verify my account to get more BAT. Brave will not let me access the Brave Rewards settings to enable Brave Rewards because my account is unverified.

How do I get past this chicken-and-egg problem?

EDIT: I already set up my Uphold account linked to my GlobalID. I just can’t verify it with Brave.

No you don’t. Why do you think this? You earn BAT regardless. The only thing that happens is if you’re Unverified you claim it and it stores in your browser. If you’re Verified then payouts go to Gemini or Uphold.

Well, Uphold is paused for everyone and nobody can connect to it. So that might be part of your problem. When you get time, please read EVERYTHING at PSA: Unsupported Region (including things I linked there)

You’ve kind of got me confused here. You can access Brave Rewards regardless of whether you’re Verified or Unverified. What exactly are you trying to access and where are you trying to access it from?

You’ve kind of got me confused here. You can access Brave Rewards regardless of whether you’re Verified or Unverified . What exactly are you trying to access and where are you trying to access it from?

When I try to go to brave://rewards, I get an error message that says:

Error: You need a verified account to log in
Please try again after you have completed ID verification on Uphold.

Hi @AcidKicks

Thanks for sharing the above. You might want to reach out with Uphold to double check that you have completed all required fields, information and the sorts to be considered KYC’d.

I do believe that sometimes using your GlobalID can return that error message, you can try signing into your Uphold account using your email instead. But as @Saoiray stated, Uphold linking is temporally down so you won’t be able to verify with Brave Rewards until linking is available.

I hope this answers any questions or concerns you might have.

1 Like

They never asked for my ID number, which was confusing. I thought they had to do that to comply with KYC laws.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.