I cant access Brave when I'm connecting to proxy. any ideas Pls

When I use a third party proxy provider such 911 I. when I want to pass through proxy to brave browser is not getting connected to the internet. I was searching for the reason and I can’t identified it. while others as I’m seeing on the net they are connected to brave using 911 proxy. so i don’t know the reason behind this. Please any solution. Thanks

Welcome to the community. The following links may help. The Chromium documentation has troubleshooting information.

https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/network-stack/socks-proxy/

If you need additional help, you will need to provide more information.

1. Brave & OS version found at brave://version
  2. Steps you have taken so far and any error messages you are receiving

Hope this helps!

hey, thanks For Your reply

i Know how to use 911 I’m using it with Mozilla Firefox
, But when I try brave it’s not working with Me actually. see the picture above
thnanks

@rachid Hi :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you try the troubleshooting steps in the Chromium link? Reposting link.
https://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/network-stack/socks-proxy/

Debugging

There are a lot of intricacies to configuring proxy settings as you intend:

• Different profiles can use different proxy settings
  • Extensions can modify the proxy settings
  • If using the system setting, other applications can change them, and there can be per-connection settings.
  • The proxy settings might include fallbacks to other proxies, or direct connections
  • Plugins (for instance Flash and Java applets) can bypass the Chrome proxy settings alltogether
  • Other third-party components in Chrome might issue DNS resolves directly, or bypass Chrome’s proxy settings.
  • The first thing to check when debugging is look at the Proxy tab on about:net-internals, and verify what the effective proxy settings are:

chrome://net-internals/#proxy

Next, take a look at the DNS tab of about:net-internals to make sure Chrome isn’t issuing local DNS resolves:

chrome://net-internals/#dns

Next, to trace the proxy logic for individual requests in Chrome take a look at the Events tab of about:net-internals:

chrome://net-internals/#events

Also posting a link to clearing DNS cache that may be helpful.

Really, those troubleshooting steps will help narrow down/eliminate problems. You should work through all of those, especially clearing history/caches, disabling extensions, and creating a new profile to see if works in a new profile. You should probably try to see if you still have a problem using Brave Beta and/or Nightly releases.

If you are still experiencing an issue after troubleshooting, please post an update and provide any new information. Please provide your Brave and OS versions found at brave://version too. Tag the moderators in your update post. The moderators may have additional information or troubleshooting steps. They will need the troubleshooting information and your Brave/OS version to provide additional support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.