When I click add site all I am able to type in is the name, whenever I click it closes the window, I cannot enter a URL or or save.
June 25, 2022, 1:41am
I just tried it. Won’t work for me either. Even clicked on the 3 dots and selected favorites. Doesn’t show what I just added. Tried refreshing the browser page, still nothing.
June 25, 2022, 6:46am
I have the same problem too.
We’ll have to pass that on to the team later, but I did just test it and I want you to check for yourself. On my Desktop I verified if I clicked Save, it would go away and nothing new would be added.
If I type in everything and then hit
Enter on my Keyboard instead of clicking on
Save, it would add it.
Are you on Desktop as well? If so, can you try as I mentioned and see if you have any troubles?
@CaptSS @Beano @Roadbobek
June 25, 2022, 2:48pm
I am on a desktop. I just tried what you recommended… and it works!
I also tried to use Enter key and it works. Thank you.
June 26, 2022, 5:02am
I tried to use the Enter key as well, it did not work. Somehow when I used the Tab key, it worked.
When I clicked anywhere on my screen the window disappeared.
Then should have the same flippin answer! You have people above you saying solution to an extent, so might be good to let us know if it works for you. (^_^)
Brave GitHub issue reports recently opened. No movement, but probably won’t be until after the weekend. Hopefully Brave dev will provide more details on when a fix is anticipated then. I hope this isn’t a “working as intended” situation!
12:25PM - 26 Jun 22 UTC
Unable to use mouse to click on entry fields & save options whe
… n adding (or editing) top sites. When use mouse to click on anything displayed, the dialogue box closes.
## Steps to Reproduce
1. Click Add (or Edit) Top Site
2. Use mouse to click a field or option in the dialogue box displayed
3. Dialogue box closes
## Actual result:
1. Can not enable data entry in a field using a mouse click because Dialogue box closes.
2. Can enter data in first field by just starting to type but need to use tab key to move to next field
3. Cannot click save button using mouse or dialogue box closes without saving.
4. To save data entered, do not use mouse click, just hit enter key on keyboard.
## Expected result:
Ability to use mouse clicks to move from field to field for data entry and save option.
## Reproduces how often:
Easily reproduced. Reproducible in Release, Beta, & Nightly.
## Brave version (brave://version info)
Release: 1.40.107 Chromium: 103.0.5060.53; Windows 10 Version 21H1 (Build 19043.1766)
Beta: 1.41.74 Chromium: 103.0.5060.53; same OS
Nightly: 1.42.29 Chromium: 103.0.5060.53; same OS
## Version/Channel Information:
- Can you reproduce this issue with the current release? Yes
- Can you reproduce this issue with the beta channel? Yes
- Can you reproduce this issue with the nightly channel? Yes
## Other Additional Information:
- Does the issue resolve itself when disabling Brave Shields? Shields disabled by default on NTP
- Does the issue resolve itself when disabling Brave Rewards? N/A
- Is the issue reproducible on the latest version of Chrome? Unknown
## Miscellaneous Information:
Brave Community topics relating to issue report.
August 25, 2022, 1:43pm
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.