I cannot login to access my Brave content creator awards. Did my account get deleted?

bug
sync

Hello, in 2018 I signed up for Brave browser content creator rewards and linked it to my YouTube channel and website. I forgot about it for many months and now I wanted to login and check up on it. I think I have received BAT tokens as well.

But I cannot get access to login. I attached a screenshot below of what I run into.

I am not sure how to login now.

Every time I try it says “An email is on its way! We just sent an access link to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Click on the link to log in to your account. Don’t see the email? Be sure to check your spam folder. Please wait for a few minutes and try again.”

But I never get the email.

Can someone help me?

Are my BAT rewards lost forever? Did my account get deleted for some reason? I hope not because as a content creator that would stink.

0 Likes

Have you check the Spam folder or Social folder on your email?

0 Likes

Yes, I checked my spam folder. It’s not there. That was the first thing I tried.

The account seems to still exist because when I go to create a new “creator rewards account” using the same email address it says an active account already exists. See screenshot:

But I don’t get the email. It’s not in a spam folder. It’s not being filtered from my gmail account (I’ve checked all that).

It just isn’t arriving.

0 Likes

Here’s a screenshot of what I see in my Brave browser under the “Sync” tab. Don’t know if this helps at all. It shows my last activity being 6/19/2018. That sounds about right. So it knows that much. Now how do I get logged in to access all my creator rewards??

0 Likes

This creator is in need of your help @chriscat @steeven

1 Like

@ColinTalksCrypto in addition, it seems that you’re still using Brave (muon) 0.25.x. This version is no longer supported and has been replaced by the new Brave Browser (brave-core) 0.61.x and higher.

You should get the upgrade notification. If you not see it, can you try download the new version from brave.com ?

No need to uninstall the current Brave . You can run it in parallel. After you installed the new version, you can import your browser data from prev. Brave.

And recover your Brave Rewards wallet too (if you have any)

ccing @Asad for additional assistance for your issue.

1 Like

Ok I updated. I now see that the new version of Brave is considered a new piece of software. The old version (muon) only updated itself so far (0.25.x).

Now I am running Brave v0.62.50. I was able to import my old wallet (I had no BAT apparently).

How do I reconnect with my old creator rewards? I would have thought I was receiving BAT from my YouTube channel and other sites.

1 Like

@ColinTalksCrypto,
Thanks for your patience! I’m going to cc @Asad in on this one and leave you in his very capable hands :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @ColinTalksCrypto ! Your creator rewards will be linked to the same email address as before; changing your Brave installation has no effect on your publishers account. :slight_smile: Just login as usual to publishers.basicattentiontoken.org. I see that there is indeed an account active under your email address.

I checked our email logs and it looks like somehow you ended up on our unsubscribe list. I fixed that, so you should get the login emails from here on out. Try again and let me know if it works for you!

2 Likes

Thank you @Asad!

I just re-sent the Brave Rewards verification email, and this time it was successfully received in my email inbox. I was able to login and I see I have BAT now on the website.

Thank you!

I guess I access everything related to BAT rewards from the webpage and not from Brave software itself. I had been looking around in Brave to try to find it.

Anyway, thank you very much.

3 Likes

closed #11
0 Likes