I cannot get verified using Uphold. The problem seem to be from Brave

Hello good people,
Initially I managed to connect Brave with Uphold and get verified. At some point, when I tried to link another device, the first device got disconnected and since then I cannot link the Uphold again.
I keep receiving this error: “Error: Limited Uphold account functionality
According to Uphold, there are currently some limitations on your Uphold account. Please log in to your Uphold account and check whether there are any notices or remaining account requirements to complete, then try again. For example, you may need to submit more information to Uphold.”
However, I contacted Uphold and they confirmed to me that my account has no restrictions at all.
I need to mention that I only tried to connect 2 devices using Brave Browser and not more, however, I still encounter this problem.
Could you please help?
Many thanks

@firsttradingday Check out SOLUTION to "ERROR: Limited Uphold account functionality” and advise if their solution works for you

Hello and thank you very much for the solution offered.
Yes, it worked for me, too.
The idea is that the full functionality of the Uphold wallet can be obtained only after you complete the last step of the KYC, called Liveness. The wallet is basically asking you to take a selfie while you are using it. On top of the one taken when you initially applied for and opened the wallet.
In my case, I installed the Uphold wallet on Android smartphone, too. Therefore, I did not initiated any transaction, but it is not important what you are doing. The important bit is for the app to request you to take a selfie while you are using it, and that is it. This is the last stage of full verification, after which, you are able to do anything, because the wallet is in full functionality status.
After installing the wallet on my smartphone, I have been prompted to take a selfie, I took it and that was it.
I can connect my Brave to my wallet again.
Many thanks again and I hope my description also helps others.
Therefore, for full functionality of the Uphold wallet, it is necessary to complete all the initial requested steps and KYC + the Liveness.
All the very best,
Sami

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.